Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sunk my rxp

sunk my rxp

installed through hull exaust saturday and went out sunday for some test runs. was out for about 15 min and then nothing. the hose came off the exaust tip. guess i did not tighen it down enough. well needless to say had gotten a toe in back to the launch. As soon as a get to the launch down i went. nothing like swimming up the boat launch. had to be a funny sight but not for me the water was cold and my shit was sunk. mother F

+1
    That sucks Anthony!

Did you get the water out of your engine?

*tip* when tightening the clamps on the silicone coupler its best to reach in with a socket on an extension thru the OPAS hole. that way you are sure to get it good and tight.

yes i did after two or more hours. took spark plugs out sucked all the water drained the oil and so on. after i cleaned everything cranked right up. nothing like a whole clean out job but not that way

had the one all the way to the back just forgot to tighten the other. oops

+1
    GOOD! glad to hear that you got the water out immediately. It doesnt take long to rust out those cylinders.

yea i know was freaking out but the spectators at the launch got a show alright. my dumb ass swimming up the ramp had to be hilarious. i can joke about it now that its cleaned out. thank god

+1
    Didn't the built in foam floatation keep the ski from sinking completely ??

Richard

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i'm in the middle of doing my thru-hull exhaust now... it's a challenging mod to install i gotta admit. doing a AM intercooler or something is much easier than this in my opinion. Needs to be a very precise and thought out process so every hole is in the right spot and perfectly straight thru the hull otherwise your bolts will never line up with the back clamping plate. And you need long arms for the job! lol....Hopefully i'll have it finished by later today... haven't worked on it since last night.

the foam didnt help much the handle bars and the front. the whole ass end went down like a champ. shibby its good to have another set of hands i did but it is still pain in the ass. if the lip on the outside of the exaust tip was wider and the holes a little bit biger for the head of the bolt it would be alot easier. going down was fun shit.

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    I always think about something like that happening to me while i'm in the ocean. I get paranoid and keep takin the seat off for a look. I'm starting to think a nice bilge pump would give me some more peace of mind.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information