Nashville, TN

Annoucing The 2014 Bite Pro/Am Components Whitewater Vertical Shootout

As the new year rolls around, so do the event announcements! Here’s the latest from Region 8, The Bite Pro/Am Components Whitewater Vertical Shootout. The one day event will be held on Saturday, May 17, 2014, and is something that should not be missed as it’s the first of it’s kind: an IJSBA sanctioned whitewater rapids race.
    Sounds crazy, right? Well, there will be more details to come, but here is a quick lowdown:

Presented by BITE Pro/Am Components, Hot Products, Hydro-Turf, WSM, Rad Dudes, Impros, NEWA Racing, WetWerx, CT Watercraft, ESI Powersports, NYNJA and Rony Rawk Racing, the Whitewater Vertical Shootout is IJSBA and NEWA sanctioned and will be a NEWA bonus round. Final standing points, based upon your timed run will count towards overall Region 8 jet ski tour points for the 2014 closed-course race season.

The race will be executed on a controlled environment man-made facility located at Genesee Waterways Center. It is a facility designed for entry level whitewater kayak training and practice. The waterway source of water is constant and consistent. Therefore, no concerns of flow, or lack there of.

The waterway consists of multiple staged drops, 20-foot total elevation and is 600 feet long. We will post the flow rate, depths and overall course required gate placement when 100-percent sure the figures are accurate. Although the concept sounds intimidating, this particular waterway is honestly not as violent as you may imagine. Those who have ridden rapids before will find the descent entertaining rather than dangerously exciting. The drop off sections are no higher than two feet.

Racers will compete for the best descent time in their respective classes. Every racer in each class will get three runs down – your best time is your score. Classes are as follows: Pro/Am, Ski Stock Spec, Ski Open, Sport Spec, Sport Open, X2 800 Spec, X2 Open and Runabout Open (runabout class will be limited to 1200cc two person capacity 2-strokes and Sea-Doo Sparks).
    “Descend & Ascend: Run What Ya Brung” Master-class will be open to any of the aforementioned eligible skis. Those who dare will get three runs up and down the waterway. Best time is your score.

The awards ceremony will be held at the host hotel in a banquet room the same evening of the races. Top three racers in each class will receive trophies. All entrants will receive participation decals and a “swag bag” of promotional goodies from our sponsors. Registration is on-site the day-of only, but please feel free to post on forums, message boards, Facebook, Twitter, or elsewhere to spread the word that you are attending this groundbreaking event.

For the full press release click HERE.

The post Annoucing The 2014 Bite Pro/Am Components Whitewater Vertical Shootout appeared first on The Watercraft Journal.

New York
    i live right down the street from the erie canal i know right were this is it is in the town of brighton in upstate new york i live in brighton i could walk to this i am so pumped to see this event i have a RXT X if i under stand right i cold give it a try?do you know if they need any volunteers i would be more than happy to help out in any way i still cant belive i just read this so excited

Thread Information