Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Does your supercharger have low hours but is more than 2 years old? Please read!!!

Guys, just a reminder. The general consensus is the superchargers on a Seadoo ski need to be rebuilt every 100 hours, or every two years, whichever occurs first.

Just because your supercharger has less than 100 hours, but is two or more years old, do not think for a second that you can get by with just changing the clutch washers and installing a new seal. Chances are high that it will suffer a bearing failure at some point. If and when this happens, look forward to replacing the entire supercharger as it's now scrap and look forward to removing the engine and repairing damage.

I clearly spell this out in my supercharger rebuild thread. (see sticky above)

If you decide to "cheap out" and send me a supercharger out of a 2007 ski and only want me to change washers and it suffers a bearing failure at some point near after, then DO NOT blame me for overtightening something, causing bearing damage, whatever it is you think I caused....... not my fault!!! Blame yourself for being cheap and now following thru with a full rebuild in the first place

+1
    Too many people only changing clutch washers and not Dooing the full rebuild.
    You of course are 100% correct and its been mentioned 100s of times on this forum.
    You can't be responsible for somebody being a cheap ass..

+1
    so i have been reading up on the superchargers and what to do to maintain them. so here is my situation..

2012 GTR with 21 hrs on it. it is coming up on the 2 year mark. I have not had time yet but when i got home tonight i will do some searching to see what i can check to make sure the s/c is ok.

what i want to do is wait until this season is done and send it off to jerry for rebuild. mainly cause i dont have enough extra $$ to do it now. i get i run the risk of failure but on the plus side i am not rough on my ski nor do i baby it. i typically cruise about 40-45 mph with WOT bursts just to go holy shit this thing is fast LOL.

i know we cant predict when a s/c will go belly up... not sure what to do yet.

+1
    With only 21 hrs on a 2012 you should be good for another season. The main s/c wear is caused when your unhooked and don't let off the gas. If your flat water riding I've seen 150+ hrs on original s/c before rebuilding. Just when you Dooo rebuild get it completely redone with bearings, washers and seals.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    With only 21 hrs on a 2012 you should be good for another season. The main s/c wear is caused when your unhooked and don't let off the gas. If your flat water riding I've seen 150+ hrs on original s/c before rebuilding. Just when you Dooo rebuild get it completely redone with bearings, washers and seals.
    trust me i will have it done right with a full rebuild. it might have 27 hrs on it LOL i cant remember but i do know i have never come unhooked since i got it with 17 hrs on it.

so i should be good til the next off season. i wish jerry sold gift certificates LOL get it paid for piece by piece. oh and i read they have the better seal in the kits now so that will save me some $$ cause that was something i was def going to have done at the same time.

+1
    +1 i have a mate that had a 08 RXPX with as little as 32 hours grenade a charger with bearing failure ski was about 4 1/2 years old
    destroyed charger damaged flywheel and block etc ... very expensive repair

+1
    For Real, I was one that was trying to be cheap but decided against it so order a complete rebuilt, by the way Jerry you should have it today, let me know how it looked.

8. +1 by:

+1
    I have a 2012 with 190h... I know I know... But no issue but it will be done before summer

+1
    What is it that causes the issue beyond 2 years?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jamalama View Post
    What is it that causes the issue beyond 2 years?
    The cage of the bearings are plastic and get brittle over time. When the cage goes, the bearing goes and the complete supercharger is toast as the impeller grinds into the housing.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information