What protections/waxes are you using

As I'm about to pick up my 13 rxt I'm anxious to make it shine. I will use my basic off the shelf waxes I use on my corvette. Probably a sealant setup with a few coats. I don't think I need anything specific for the paint.

What are ppl using on everything else. Seats. Plastics. Etc. My vehicles aren't usually highly exposed so I'm not up to par on the best and most protected sealants etc for the plastics. And the steady exposure of sun. Water. Salt. Etc. (Ski will see brackish and some salt water)

+1

Lightbulb

It's more important that you wash it down imediatly after riding in salt water then it is polishing it. Any automotive wax you use will come off after a few rides. Check out Collinite for a great marine wax.

http://www.collinite.com/marine-wax/fleetwax-paste-wax/

I don't use anything on the seats or plastics other than water and soap. 150 hours of salt riding and still looks new.

+1
    303 Areospace protectant. Great for seats, plastics and just about anything else. I just use it on the seat and vinyl steering area and plastic on the mirrors.

Link

It's much cheaper on Amazon though.

I have soo many sealants. Klasse. Black fire. Adams. Zaino. Etc etc I will stick with one of those most likely. And yes 303 you can't beat. Might use that for the misc items.

+1
    If you go to Academy, they have 3M marine waxes in the fishing/boating section.

Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    303 Areospace protectant. Great for seats, plastics and just about anything else. I just use it on the seat and vinyl steering area and plastic on the mirrors.

Link

Have you tried the wipes? I was curious how many wipes it would take to get a decent detail on each ski?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mkistner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post

Link

Have you tried the wipes? I was curious how many wipes it would take to get a decent detail on each ski?
    I have not tried the wipes.

I've decided to go with my klasse products. Shows they are marine and fiberglass approved on the bottle

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chets ls3 View Post
    I've decided to go with my klasse products. Shows they are marine and fiberglass approved on the bottle
    Cool...report back here and let us know how they work...and post some pics of your shiny 'Doo if you can. Seeing a nice clean and shined to the hilt ski never gets old.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Turtle Wax Ice is the way to go.... you can wax the plastic and even if you accidentally get it on the pads,no white residue, ... its very easy to apply....I use Ice Detailer spray in between waxes....

Thread Information