Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Looking for a Double Trailer if Anyone has one for sale

Hey guys I am looking for a double trailer that can haul the RXTs. I might also weld on an additional bunk for my newly acquired Kawi X2. GVW of at least 1800-2000 is necessary. Please post or send me a price and a way to contact you. I hate to drop $1400 on a new trailer, after all I could use that money to buy anther toy. Thanks!

+1
    I have a double I used once, lol, been sitting for 5 years. Not sure of my future plans with my other ski and I most likely need it but pm me before you buy a new one, just in case my plans change.

+1
    Sounds good. If you decide to sell let me know. I just want to buy one and make sure its ready for spring.

+1
    You're better off with a new one. people want way too much money for them around here and if you get a good deal, odds are you're gonna have to put a fortune into it to make it reliable. I have a scrap pile of them at my shop. 10 years old and the frames, axles and bunks are all rotted out

+1
    It looks more that way unless I can get one bought 5 yearsa ago and only used once like badjoka has. Where at the shore are you located or where is your repair shop? I ride Cape May to Absecon.

Banned User
    +1
    I was specifically looking for a Triton Elite double last spring. Used was almost impossible to find, especially for a decent price. I ended up going new. You probably won't regret a new trailer purchase. You will have none of the hassles of a used trailer, such as wheel bearings, lights and tires. The expense of that stuff can add up fast.

+1
    Brick

Quote Originally Posted by kdaily View Post
    It looks more that way unless I can get one bought 5 yearsa ago and only used once like badjoka has. Where at the shore are you located or where is your repair shop? I ride Cape May to Absecon.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kdaily View Post
    It looks more that way unless I can get one bought 5 years ago and only used once like badjoka has. Where at the shore are you located or where is your repair shop? I ride Cape May to Absecon.
    Five year old trailer tires are at end of life, so even a five year old trailer should have new tires installed.

Running old trailer tires is a form of gambling.

+1
    Ill tell you what. Ive had a lot more axles break then blow outs thats for sure. At least you can always pop a spare tire on when the tire goes

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    Ill tell you what. Ive had a lot more axles break then blow outs thats for sure. At least you can always pop a spare tire on when the tire goes
    Salt water trailers?

Changing a tire roadside carries a real risk of personal injury with traffic passing nearby. Last summer I had a blowout and my backside was hanging over the white line along the edge of the road during the entire tire changeover.

I think we can agree that proper inspection/maintenance and a replacement schedule is important for both tires and trailer hubs/axles.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information