Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vx110 performance parts

I know that the words vx110 and performance do not go hand in hand but tbought i'd throw this out there.

Anyone have a riva powershot for the vx110 they want to get rid of?
    http://www.performancecatalog.com/R-.../802-00110.htm

I'm also interested in a Riva free flow exhaust or aftermarket impeller like the solas.

I'm not really interested in an intake grate or air intake system at this time.

Pm me what you have and shipping to 83805 in idaho

You can make a free flow exhaust out of PVC pipe, Ill take photos of my setup when i get back to my shop. Mine is a rental ski and its got at least 200 hours on it with zero issues. Honestly tho, that powershot will not make your skis much faster, regardless of what generic summary they have given in the description. in fact, im not even sure what it does on NA ski. A Pod intake, free flow exhaust, ribbon removal, and a re-pitched prop is about as good as it will get on a vx ski. You can add vent holes to let more air behind the cowling. They are almost at their max efficiency out of the box.

Yup, I've done the ribbon delete and extra breathing holes. I haven't touched the prop or fueling that's why i am doing the ad.

+1
    Did you notice much difference with the Ribbon delete? Was looking at this for mine.
    Also the RPM kit includes an upgraded filter, impellor, intake grate, sponsons and block off kit seems good value for money as well.
    Would like to know the improvements it makes before I part with my hard earned $$$'s

I did notice a difference in acceleration and possible top speed after doing the exhaust and intake, my only issue is that, since my skis get flipped over on a regular basis, i couldn't risk having a pod filter and potential hydro lock on them. So the performance i will get out of those mods, will only really show after that gets done. What type of filter does that kit come with? drop in filter, or a pod??
    Most of my skis also have solas impellers and i didn't specifically notice a huge improvement, i have heard that impellers might need to have their pitch checked and tweaked before they get installed.. The ski pulls hard all the way to redline tho, so im not complaining. I have not done an intake grate or sponsons, but the pump shoe kit and filling the ride plate holes are something i would do to your ski as well. You can fill the holes with 5200 when they are out and seal the pump as well.

Could you tell me what this block off kit is as well?

One thing to consider is that even tho the kit might only gain a few mph on the top end, you will be able to maintain higher speeds in choppier water and youll notice that off the batt. Also your handling will be improved as well.

I would also go in the hood of the ski and get a wrench and tighten up the cable that goes to the tps. Its behind the plastic divider and in the right side of the ski behind the fuel fill inside there. If you look youll probably see some slack in the cable, if you rotate the tho nuts that hold it down, youll be able to make that tight again, youll notice an improvement as well...

Also, find the black foam blocks under the cowling and cut them out as well, id also look for placed to add some other air vent holes.

+1
    Here you go, its a standard drop in filter, looks great imho

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2095

Gonna get one when i get paid i think.

Yeah thats similar to what i use, Mine is r&d but i wash and rinse mine every time the ski flips or every month or so. If you dont flip your ski, look into a pod filter with a mandrel bent pipe. I might have even just clamped mine to the TB ...it was a year or two ago. I used one on a ski for testing purposes and very much liked the extra pull it gave. Much better then using the stock airbox...I would do it to all my vx's, but they get flipped way too often for that kind of mod.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Did the ribbon delete yesterday will see what difference it makes.

+1
    With the ribbon delete, you guys are taking out the "screen" behind the throttle body?... And you just removing it and reinstalling the TB, no sleeve needed???

You have to remove the tb, and unbolt the manifold. Then remove the fuel rail and the intake pressure sensor. Then with a flat head and a hammer you bang it out. I start with a hole in the middle and work my way out in a straight line and with A little prying, the puck will come out. There is a void where it was, but I just rinse the manifold out real well with water, let it dry in the sun. And bolt her back up.

You can remove the resonater and use PVC tubing to connect the waterbox to the outlet tube. I used pipe and two coupling, they fit nice inside the odd sized tubing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information