Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Spark is ordered, now have questions

Ordered my Spark in the 2-up model H.O version. Question though I was at the dealership an realized the only other spark in the showroom didn't have traction mats it was just plastic. Is there an option for mats? I feel like I will be slipping all over the place. I also didn't notice any kind of siphon system near the pump if any water gets in the bilge. Is there even such a thing on the ski?

+1
    Sea Doo does have an optional mat kit, however it's not released yet. You can find the mats, and all other Seadoo options here in the forums online store http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...ath=18_214_226

The ski does have a bailer system. You can see pics of it on this how to thread
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=210730

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Sea Doo does have an optional mat kit, however it's not released yet. You can find the mats, and all other Seadoo options here in the forums online store http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...ath=18_214_226

The ski does have a bailer system. You can see pics of it on this how to thread
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=210730
    Green Hulk; I know this also sounds silly but does the ski come with the flush hose or is that optional as well. Only options I personally added on where the convenience package and cover. I'm a little biased as to the graphics, not so sure how great they will hold up to dock rash.

+1
    It comes stock with the flush hose

Jefferson City MO (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1
    Did you order the optional motor and pump??

Heh heh jk - but dang they don't even put mats on the hull? Geez I guess that's what you get for $5k though.

+1
    Show; its a far cry from 5K. All said and done, with trailer, tax, reg it was a little over 8400.

+1
    The spark does not come with mats, when i bought mine i had the same wish list (mats and bilge pump). I can tell you these footwells are really grippy when wet, stock. I bought this ski for wave-jumping and thought the grip mats would have been a necessity over 15 hrs on the ski now, i have no intention of installing mats ever. If i had the three seater with the platform on the back i would install it on the platform but thats only for comfort while sitting on it.

The syphon bilge keeps the hull empty like it should, my main concern is if im sitting on the the side of my ski will water seep in through the upper and lower hull seal? That reason alone i will be installing a bilge pump, just gotta work out where to drill the through hull/deck fitting that is not going to compromise strength.

Cheers..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 02nelsc View Post
    The spark does not come with mats, when i bought mine i had the same wish list (mats and bilge pump). I can tell you these footwells are really grippy when wet, stock. I bought this ski for wave-jumping and thought the grip mats would have been a necessity over 15 hrs on the ski now, i have no intention of installing mats ever. If i had the three seater with the platform on the back i would install it on the platform but thats only for comfort while sitting on it.

The syphon bilge keeps the hull empty like it should, my main concern is if im sitting on the the side of my ski will water seep in through the upper and lower hull seal? That reason alone i will be installing a bilge pump, just gotta work out where to drill the through hull/deck fitting that is not going to compromise strength.

Cheers..
    I saw the bilge kit. Where does the pump plug into? Its $125 bucks. I feel like I can do it myself for cheaper.

+1
    The standard bilge pump is already in there but only works when engine is running and above certain rpm's as it needs the water going through the pump to make suction, as i am sure you already knew. Im just gonna chuck one of these pumps (see below) in and wire it directly to the battery, that way it comes on as soon as the water reaches the switches level. My only question as too installing a bilge pump in these skis is to the best location to put the through hull fitting, i was thinking in the jet pump area but then i would need a one way valve on the plumbing so it doesn't flood the ski. I was just going to wait until someone else had done one and copy them.

http://www.whalepumps.com/marine/sit...eDatasheet.pdf

I dont know exactly how the OEM (seadoo) one works or plugs into, i am assuming it would be similar to what i just described above i don't think it would go into the main harness but to the battery itself with a switch in the pump to detect water level.

+1
    02; the whalepump seems like a good idea, and I really like that its low profile. Even though its automatic I still want to put a switch on it, in the glove box.

http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...Product=SWITCH, PANEL MOUNT, ROTARY TP

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information