Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Roll Tide!! SeadooTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    662
    +1
    18

    Exhaust manifold porting

    Has anyone found a better exhaust manifold or ported the factory one? I figure if people are pushing 16+ psi that u have to be able to efficiently get the exhaust out of the motor or it will restrict the fresh air coming in.... the exhaust is limited to aprox 2" x 1" oval behind the v band clamp for all 3 cylinders.... can't really open it up at the oval because its thin due to the manifold bolt recess


  2. #2
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    I have seen some people have the exhaust manifold extrude honed, but most people are installing the Rad4 torque plate. More info here
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1213

  3. #3
    Roll Tide!! SeadooTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    662
    +1
    18
    Yeah I looked into extrude honing but never got a price..... we use to hone 2 stroke pipes and it seemed to work but if I remember it was expensive

  4. #4
    Bob 1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    6,353
    +1
    970
    Lacy makes an awesome header.......its jewelry for the 4-Tec! Short of that, we're stuck with a log exhaust manifold.

  5. #5
    Roll Tide!! SeadooTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    662
    +1
    18
    How much are they amd where can i find lacy? The log has to be restricting exhaust flow.... 2"x1" oval for all 3 cylinders?!?!

  6. #6
    Martin RXT-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kemah Tx
    Posts
    665
    +1
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by SeadooTech View Post
    How much are they amd where can i find lacy? The log has to be restricting exhaust flow.... 2"x1" oval for all 3 cylinders?!?!
    I have a brand new one that I just got from Lacey that I could sell you as I have had a change of heart.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140113_004[1].jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	321159

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140113_003[1].jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	321160

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140113_005[1].jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	321161

  7. #7
    Roll Tide!! SeadooTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    662
    +1
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin RXT-X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SeadooTech View Post
    How much are they amd where can i find lacy? The log has to be restricting exhaust flow.... 2"x1" oval for all 3 cylinders?!?!
    I have a brand new one that I just got from Lacey that I could sell you as I have had a change of heart.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140113_004[1].jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	321159

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140113_003[1].jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	321160

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140113_005[1].jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	321161
    That looks like a turbo header... I'm not running a turbo but it is nice

  8. #8
    Martin RXT-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kemah Tx
    Posts
    665
    +1
    89
    I have a down pipe and water box that I used with my other Lacy header when I ran super charger, can do you a package deal

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20121226_003.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	321168

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20121228_014.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	321169

  9. #9
    Roll Tide!! SeadooTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    662
    +1
    18
    Problem is its going into a conversion I have a different 08 exhaust.... I might try to make one...

  10. #10
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,800
    +1
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by SeadooTech View Post
    Problem is its going into a conversion I have a different 08 exhaust.... I might try to make one...
    It will fit a conversion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. exhaust manifold porting
    By wedoseadoo in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 12:52 AM
  2. exhaust manifold
    By JCM in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 05:26 PM
  3. Exhaust manifold
    By nickdog in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-17-2006, 10:39 PM
  4. What happ w/ Billet Exhaust Manifold?
    By Shibby1485 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 07:35 PM
  5. Exhaust manifold / header
    By Vern in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-2005, 08:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •