Yes another oil question

I know this topic has been covered very deeply and I'm not really looking for best brand type info. I have been doing quite a bit of reading on this topic and to be honest I have throughly confused myself. Here is the situation. I have 2 SD skis. A 95 xp with the 720 motor and a 02 RX with the 951 motor. I have read that the 95 takes a low ash oil for the rotory valve and the 02 takes an no ash oil. Can anyone tell me which type oil I can use in both of these skis? I would hate to have to buy 2 different rated oils if I can avoid it. Life is complicated enough with out remembering which jug of oil to use for which ski. Will regular 2 stroke oil such as pennzoil or quicksilver (just as examples) work? What rating should I be looking for like tc-w or tc-w3? I think those are the ratings I have read about. Thanks for any info. Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhardt View Post
    I know this topic has been covered very deeply and I'm not really looking for best brand type info. I have been doing quite a bit of reading on this topic and to be honest I have throughly confused myself. Here is the situation. I have 2 SD skis. A 95 xp with the 720 motor and a 02 RX with the 951 motor. I have read that the 95 takes a low ash oil for the rotory valve and the 02 takes an no ash oil. Can anyone tell me which type oil I can use in both of these skis? I would hate to have to buy 2 different rated oils if I can avoid it. Life is complicated enough with out remembering which jug of oil to use for which ski. Will regular 2 stroke oil such as pennzoil or quicksilver (just as examples) work? What rating should I be looking for like tc-w or tc-w3? I think those are the ratings I have read about. Thanks for any info. Karl

I wouldnt use any tcw's in your 951. I use Amsoil Interceptor in all my 787's. Should be fine for both your's....BigT

+1
    I have read that the 95 takes a low ash oil for the rotory valve and the 02 takes an no ash oil. Can anyone tell me which type oil I can use in both of these skis?
    The issue has less to do with the Rotory valve than the RAVE valves(on the 951 and 787 but not the 720). The Rotory valve will be fine w/ no ash but the RAVE valves will get gummed up with ashy oil. You should use a good synthetic oil for both.

I use Interceptor as well.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    If using SD oil...use the cheapest in the 95 (the gold colored stuff), and XPSII in the 951. Otherwise, I use the Amsoil racing oil in my modded applications, the Interceptor would work fine in both skis for you.

+1
    You need to run an API TC oil. Here are 3 options from AMSOIL that meet that spec. These prices listed are Retail. For Preferred Customer Pricing, E-Mail, PM or Call me. I hope this helps.

Dominator Oil
    http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=367509&page=storefront/tdr

Interceptor Oil
    http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=367509&page=storefront/ait

HP Injector Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil (HPI)
    http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=367509&page=storefront/hpi

Thanks again for all the info folks. API-TC is what I needed I think.
    Karl

+1
    Thanks again for all the info folks. API-TC is what I needed I think.
    Karl
    Correct. It also needs to be a Synthetic Oil.

Thread Information