300 Supercharger Coating Issue

Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
    I'm sure you could find someone to do it, but if you were going to do that it would probably cost the same as buying a new one??
    Anyone knows, who repairs SC?

Banned User
    +1
    The chargers spin around 17,000rpm be careful who you choose to have work on it. Whoever you use to repair your charger DO NOT USE stiegmeiers in St. Charles Missouri. Although theyre on eatons website as an authorized repair shop theyre Worst bunch of lying crooks who know nothing about kawasaki eaton superchargers I can assure you that!

You can search John Bond Performance, never used him personally but emailed a bit back and forth and seems pretty knowledgeable.

Eaton supplied the only 1/2 of the supercharger assembly for Kawi - the rotor section.
    The other 1/2 section (clutch, shaft, bearings, & gear assembly) is designed/manufactured by Kawi.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    The chargers spin around 17,000rpm be careful who you choose to have work on it. Whoever you use to repair your charger DO NOT USE stiegmeiers in St. Charles Missouri. Although theyre on eatons website as an authorized repair shop theyre Worst bunch of lying crooks who know nothing about kawasaki eaton superchargers I can assure you that!

You can search John Bond Performance, never used him personally but emailed a bit back and forth and seems pretty knowledgeable.
    Hi Mike, thanks for your recomendation. This new charger worst Usd. 2,000

Quote Originally Posted by Gian View Post
    Basically you need to do 3 things.

1. Figure out why the rotors got so hot that the black coating peeled off so that the same failure doesn't repeat in the future. As the s/c rotors get (too) hot and cold, they expand and contract making the coating difficult to stay on.

2. Check/clean the intercooler for the peeled off black coating debris from the s/c that might be blocking the intake air flow. Some might have passed by.

3. Need a new s/c. The coating is there to keep the precise clearance between the two rotors to produce the maximum boost.

Same thing has happened on 250/260 superchargers.

History repeats itself.

Quote Originally Posted by meangreenman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gian View Post
    Basically you need to do 3 things.

1. Figure out why the rotors got so hot that the black coating peeled off so that the same failure doesn't repeat in the future. As the s/c rotors get (too) hot and cold, they expand and contract making the coating difficult to stay on.

2. Check/clean the intercooler for the peeled off black coating debris from the s/c that might be blocking the intake air flow. Some might have passed by.

3. Need a new s/c. The coating is there to keep the precise clearance between the two rotors to produce the maximum boost.

Same thing has happened on 250/260 superchargers.

History repeats itself.
    My believe is that some salt water got into the SC thru the fogging line of air filter, and I didn't cleaned on time. I started fogging after aprox. 20 hrs.

Thread Information