Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

cover for your pwc

Hey guys I got a dilemma, ever since I installed a umi setup on my stxr the cover doesn't fit anymore. So I'm trying to figure out my options and curious what some of you guys are covering your pwc with since those factory snug covers don't fit with aftermarket bars

Any input would be awesome!

+1
    Take your ski and cover to an upholstery shop and they can modify it to fit

That's an idea I had, I'm gunna buy a brand new cover if I choose to have that done. Since repairs and upgrades its not gunna happen this season.Just wondering if anyone had any other ideas of what they cover there ski when sitting in the garage

+1
    i have never used a cover. my ski came with one that sits on a shelf in the garage now. the seat actually had mold on it from the cover sitting on it through whatever kind of weather. little elbow grease and it was good to go.

years ago i had some aftermarket ones on my 95 and 99 GTX biggest pain in the ass. used them twice and sold them. if your ski lives in the garage i really dont see a need for a cover but yo each their own.

the need for them to be covered is pretty important to me, since they will get no dust, scratches and no one will mistake them for a table. If i paint in the garage or even you wax with a bugger there's over spray. I just like them covered and was looking for alternative idea's.

I had the mold issue too when i get my ski

+1
    I do not use a cover. It seems like even more dirt and dust collects when covered and wherever the cover is touching seems to always get moldy or discolored. My brother uses a cover and leaves his skis outside in the baking Phoenix sun and monsoon rains and the vinyl on the steering column and seat was stained black almost instantly.

It really pains me that he wont make room in his very, very large garage for them. A 2010 Kawi 300x and a 2009 Seadoo Wake 155...both bought as new in crate leftovers in 2011. He's only rode them like 3 or 4 times. So sad.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    I do not use a cover. It seems like even more dirt and dust collects when covered and wherever the cover is touching seems to always get moldy or discolored. My brother uses a cover and leaves his skis outside in the baking Phoenix sun and monsoon rains and the vinyl on the steering column and seat was stained black almost instantly.

It really pains me that he wont make room in his very, very large garage for them. A 2010 Kawi 300x and a 2009 Seadoo Wake 155...both bought as new in crate leftovers in 2011. He's only rode them like 3 or 4 times. So sad.
    sounds like we need an intervention... and those skis need a loving home. you take the wake and i will snag the kawi lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid chicken View Post

sounds like we need an intervention... and those skis need a loving home. you take the wake and i will snag the kawi lol
    He got the Kawi tricked out this past Summer too...limiter gone, ecu flash, ride plate and exhaust I think...and he hasn't even rode it since he got it all done. *sigh* He had to get new batteries in both when he got all the go fast shit done and hasn't even started them since...and that was August I think...of course both sitting outside with non treated gas in them still. I'm sure the one time I get him to go to the lake this coming Summer he'll need two new batteries again. Kills me man.

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    if the gas is untreated; he'll be needing more than just new batteries - again.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid chicken View Post

He got the Kawi tricked out this past Summer too...limiter gone, ecu flash, ride plate and exhaust I think...and he hasn't even rode it since he got it all done. *sigh* He had to get new batteries in both when he got all the go fast shit done and hasn't even started them since...and that was August I think...of course both sitting outside with non treated gas in them still. I'm sure the one time I get him to go to the lake this coming Summer he'll need two new batteries again. Kills me man.
    this makes me sad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information