i hate my bipolar disorder its great
    +1

Faulty tps sensor symptoms

i own a 2004 rxp, which is acting up.
    the ski will idle fine, and rev but not cleanly. it will hold say 4500rpm allright but if you stab the throttle it missfires and back fires out the intake or exhaust.
    the resistance values of the tps when tested from the ecu plug are out of spec, its got brand new spark plugs in it, tested the coils for spark which they have and checked their resistance values which all came in spot on.
    i have good fuel pressure and the injectors are working, removed the rail and watched the shoot fuel everywhere, iv checked all the electrical connectors for poor connections/corrosion and everything seems well. my afrs are around what they have always been aswel.
    i also notice on the weekend before it started playing up, that rpm would fluctuate despite keeping a steady throttle position, this is before it started miss firing and carrying on.
    at wot it would go from 6500rpm and be very sluggish to 8400rpm and take off
    also it does this without running on the hose, thus ruling out leaky intercooler, which has also been pressure tested in the past.
    the ecu isnt throwing any codes also.
    iv had nick from rye jet ski check my charger which was out of spec, too much slip but that has since been rectified and the problem persists.

any suggestions would be great and much appreciated

---> edit just removed the tps sensor, it was full of water... think iv answered my own question.
    Last edited by cracker; 01-14-2014 at 09:02 PM.

+1
    hope that fixes it for you!

+1
    look up the bosch part for the sensor, I use to get them from a electrical wholesaler up here and they were a third the price that brp wanted. i had an app on my phone think it was called tecdoc from memory and it tells you who makes the sensor and part number..

+1
    seems to have cleared its throat now, keen to get it out on the murray river and see how she goes, did a best of 80.9mph last feb in 36deg heat.

melbourne seadoo wanted $281, after telling me my part number was wrong.... funny considering bursons (local automotive parts place) said yeah no worries mate they are $100
    part number is "0280 122 014" and its a bosch item, if you look it up in jerrys ome parts website they are $50 usd, go figure, not a bad mark up by melbourne seadoo.

+1
    There all the same mate. Wonder y they get the name stealer ships !!! That's cruising at 36deg. Water temp on the Murray would stay pretty cool and consistent yeah ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jaffabas View Post
    There all the same mate. Wonder y they get the name stealer ships !!! That's cruising at 36deg. Water temp on the Murray would stay pretty cool and consistent yeah ?
    gets pretty hot actually man, its been 40 degs down in melbourne atm so it would be 44-46 or something up there, 3hrs north.
    the water does actually get pretty hot its not a massive amount of water to heat...
    the water temperature at torrumbarry weir today was 25degs

Thread Information