Thread: LR-503-1 Module

downunder123
    +1

LR-503-1 Module

Hi,
    I have noticed that my bilge pump is not working either when button is pressed or while engine is working (Genesis I). After checking the pump, fuse, forward/reverse function OK I found that the supply voltage on the bilge pump connector is present and around 12 V but when the pump is connected, it drops down to just about 0.6V .It looked to me as a faulty LR module. What I don't understand is how the fwd/rev switch is still working OK? Looking at the manual it is fed with the same switched DC as bilge pump (orange wire) within LR module? Any thoughts? Thanx.

+1
    Have you connected the pump directly to the battery to check its operation?

downunder123
    +1
    Yes and it is working fine.....starting to think now that LR module may not be faulty...... By pressing the bilge pump switch (engine NOT working) LR module should be bypassed altogether and I do measure 12 V on the bilge connector, but once the pump connected it pull voltage down and the pump is not working. Same scenario when engine is ON...... The pump itself measures around 1 ohm resistance (Rule 360). Cheers

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bspanovic View Post
    Yes and it is working fine.....starting to think now that LR module may not be faulty...... By pressing the bilge pump switch (engine NOT working) LR module should be bypassed altogether and I do measure 12 V on the bilge connector, but once the pump connected it pull voltage down and the pump is not working. Same scenario when engine is ON...... The pump itself measures around 1 ohm resistance (Rule 360). Cheers
    How are you measuring the voltages?

You may have a poor ground connection for the bilge pump or a broken/damaged/corroded connection at the bilge pump electrical connector.

1 ohm seems low for the bilge pump. Going from memory, the pump only draws about 2 Amps which implies a resistance of much more than 1 ohm.

Is the bilge pump fuse in place? Remove it and measure the resistance of the fuse, out of the electrical box. That fuse should be a 3 Amp fuse with zero ohms (or very close to zero) when measured using a typical multi-meter.

downunder123
    +1
    Thanks K447, once again your bet was spot on. It was the bilge pump gnd within the el. box..... As for the pump, I've bought a new one and measured 6-7 ohm resistance. The old one is about 1 ohm. They are both working on external PS but I replaced it anyway. Cheers.

Thread Information