Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

X charger rebuild

Does everyone rebuild their charger even if it's been two years and no where close to 100 hours?

Banned User
    +1
    Also looking for high quality aftermarket seat cover in black, any ideas?

Banned User
    +1
    Yes I looking saw the black tips and they look like a good product for the money. Looking for all black

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mau5head View Post
    If its no where close to 100 hours don't worry about it. I have spoke to sea-doo directly and asked them the same question. Just make sure when you do rebuild it use a OEM rebuild kit those SBT ones suck in my opinion. Blacktip makes some affordable covers but im a big fan of the Riva racing ones. I have installed quite a few of the Riva's and there very good quality.
    Really??? Well ill tell you what,I would be worrying about it..I know what Sea-doo recommends BUT i and along with 100 others on here can tell you from experiance that you do NOT want to go past the 100 hour/2 year mark....why you might ask??well its like this,the bearing are plastic caged,after so many heat cycles it then becomes hard and brittle with the potential of coming apart/breaking...once this happens the little bearing come out and now you have not only destroyed your Scer because of bearing failure,but also your motor as the debris from the bearings/Scer has taken out your timing chain and whatever else it can on its way to the bottom of the motor..I know,I know BRP says 200 hours and your good,BUT spin a little FAG bearing at 40,000+ rpms up and down for hours at a time and see how long they acutally hold up....Anybody with half a brain can figure this out as 100 hours OR 2 years should be the max you push these little bearings...

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mau5head View Post
    If its no where close to 100 hours don't worry about it. I have spoke to sea-doo directly and asked them the same question. Just make sure when you do rebuild it use a OEM rebuild kit those SBT ones suck in my opinion. Blacktip makes some affordable covers but im a big fan of the Riva racing ones. I have installed quite a few of the Riva's and there very good quality.
    Really??? Well ill tell you what,I would be worrying about it..I know what Sea-doo recommends BUT i and along with 100 others on here can tell you from experiance that you do NOT want to go past the 100 hour/2 year mark....why you might ask??well its like this,the bearing are plastic caged,after so many heat cycles it then becomes hard and brittle with the potential of coming apart/breaking...once this happens the little bearing come out and now you have not only destroyed your Scer because of bearing failure,but also your motor as the debris from the bearings/Scer has taken out your timing chain and whatever else it can on its way to the bottom of the motor..I know,I know BRP says 200 hours and your good,BUT spin a little FAG bearing at 40,000+ rpms up and down for hours at a time and see how long they acutally hold up....Anybody with half a brain can figure this out as 100 hours OR 2 years should be the max you push these little bearings...
    Totally agree ! Why risk an entire engine for the sake of $400 odd ...

+1
    Exactly. Not sure why people whinge about charger rebuilds, costs stuff all in the big scheme of owning a ski.

Banned User
    +1
    Thanks for the replys. You would think they would make these belt driven or a metal caged bearing that can hold up to the Rpm's. I'm sure sea doo knows about the issue. I would think if there was a huge amount of failures before the 200 hr mark/2 yr they would have a class action lawsuit against them

Banned User
    +1
    I will have it rebuilt when I get the et137x4 wheel installed this spring. Makes sense for 350.00 to be on safe side. If I didn't have bad luck I'd have zero luck

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparpower View Post
    Thanks for the replys. You would think they would make these belt driven or a metal caged bearing that can hold up to the Rpm's. I'm sure sea doo knows about the issue. I would think if there was a huge amount of failures before the 200 hr mark/2 yr they would have a class action lawsuit against them
    There are metal cage bearing out there,SKF makes them...some use them with great luck,and some have had failures with those too...I have installed both types and havent had any of my customers have issues with either one so far.....As fas as lawsiuts???Well BRP just incorperated the 200 hour limit this year...So we will see if anybody has alot of money to waist and wants to be "Sue Happy"...if you do a research on bearing failures you will see there has been a shit ton of these under the 100 hour mark..So to push it to 200???especially on a bigger and modded Scer???well,thats just down right stupid....NOW im not saying we havent seen these bearing go past 100 hours,there are some,probably quit a few out there that have surpassed the 100 and even the 200 hour mark..they A,either dont know, or B,just dont care, and C, have gotten down right lucky....But from the experiance from others on here who have proclaimed thier issues and unfortionate circumstances, we have all learned that 100 hours is the max you really want to push a set of bearings....Even if BRP recommends 200...LIke i tell everybody out there,its your ski,your wallet....go the cheap way,dont want to hear the crying when it blows up.....They were warned...

11. +1 by:

+1
    I agree to rebuilding the charger, this 2 year thing I just read up on. I have 2 years left on my warrenty and have about 90 hrs. I specifically asked my dealer what happens now since BRP suggested a 200hr rebuild instead of 100hrs and my charger blows up. They told me "warrenty" now I know Seadoo can decline the work., I am just wondering if anyone else had gone through this? I know there are guys running chargers on more then 2 years and more then 100hrs without rebuilds. Anyone get warrenty work done? So far my dealer has been really good with covering stuff/issues that come up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information