Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Help a future newb decide

I realize that this is the Kawasaki forum. I am also asking on Sea Doo hoping to gather all info and make my decision.

I am shopping for my first PWC. I had been browsing used machines. Then I found a couple of shops in my area that have some left-over units. I have been negotiating with them for a little while. I am in no hurry, so am taking my time to find a ‘good buy’. I am in my early 40’s. I have a 17 y/o son and a 7 y/o son still at home with a 20 y/o son in the Navy. I live in eastern coastal florida with a boat ramp less than a mile from my house. Probably some cruising on my own and with friends. Possibly some pull-sports with my boys occasionally. Sometimes riding 2-up, rarely 3-up to go explore some islands/beaches in our area. I am able to maintain a lot on my own and have always maintained our motorcycles and vehicles

After some dealing, and walking away a few times from deals, I have been made 2 offers from dealers in my area.
    NEW 2011 Kawasaki Ultra 300x for $9800 OTD price with trailer
    NEW 2012 Sea Doo 155 gtx for $10,200 OTD price with trailer

I like the Sea Doo and I think that it will have plenty of power with my recreation/leisure goals and I like the idea of ibr. No SC to worry about maintaining.

But, the Ultra 300x is a GREAT price for NEW, it is under NADA value for used. Lots of storage/cargo. And fast/fun if/when we decide that we want it. Reportedly handles the 'chop' better, which we get some being on the ocean and intracoastal.

Both, being new, come with manufacturer's warranty.

Can any of you experienced riders help me decide between the two?

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Look into ultra lx 2012 on
    Naturally aspirated. wat better than the seadoo in the rough, 10 times the storage, more hp and grest fuel economy
    One of the most reliable platforms out their

Waz

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    The supercharger is maintenance free other than a 10 second squirt of fogging oil into a nipple under the seat.

If you are in the ocean the Ultra hull is the ski to get.

Good luck.

+1
    Thanks, guys. I am leaning toward the 300x. sirbreaksalot suggested a 2012 ultra lx. I don't know if they have one in stock, I wasn't looking for it. If they do, I'm not sure that I would get as good of a price as I have ended up being offered on the 300x. Now, the decision is the 2011 Ultra 300x in the Green or Red (they have one of each left in stock). My son says the Florida Gator Green as opposed to the UGA red and black. I'm inclined to agree with him. (that was a college american football reference for you Ausies). Thanks for taking the time to give me your input. I will post when I make my final decision and sign on the dotted line.

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    I wish I lived in the US. I'd buy a new ski every six months at those prices. Not to mention my F250 would be $80,000 cheaper too!!!

+1
    I agree with Sir B. the Ultra LX N/A model is the best rec ski on the market. Second is the S/C ultras. For the ocean no ski can compare. For that price I would buy the 300 without a doubt. The other thing is the sea doo if you decide you want more power it I a tough used sell. The 300s now that they have proven their reliability are in demand. Quite a few friends out there are switching to them. If you do get the 300 you may want to look into the AquaX race series out there. All stock skis and very cheap to participate in. The 300 is dominating there as it does in all offshore racing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaJim View Post
    After some dealing, and walking away a few times from deals, I have been made 2 offers from dealers in my area.
    ---------
    Please share with us the name of this dealer as with prices like that, I may wish to buy my next ski from there.

Good Luck !!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooling View Post
    ---------
    Please share with us the name of this dealer as with prices like that, I may wish to buy my next ski from there.

Good Luck !!!
    I will do just that. But, give me just a couple of days. I would rather not have someone reading this buy my ski while I am stuck working a 48-hour shift before papers are actually signed and money changed hands.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooling View Post
    ---------

Good Luck !!!
    I did it today. I just got home with my new, with zero hours, 2011 Kawasaki Ultra 300x (green)

Total OTD price was $9790.00 including taxes, fees, registration, trailer, trailer tag and registration.
    MSRP was $14,499. I found some of this same year and model on craiglist for sale used for $10,500 and $11,000 with 100-200hrs.
    I did find one used 2011 for $9900 in Hialeah, FL.
    So, I feel that I got a decent price on this new ski with warranty.

I got it from First Coast Powersports in St. Augustine Florida. They have the same 2011 model still there in the red and black. They also have several 2012 models. They sell new Kawasaki, Sea Doo, Yamaha, and still have several new 2009 Honda PWC left on hand. Their website is actually one of the good ones that you can browse what they actually have on hand instead of just a link to the manufacturer's website. All prices listed, though, are MSRP. So, don't be scared by the prices. They, obviously, will deal.
    http://www.firstcoastpowersports.com...=xNewInventory

Below is the pic before I pulled away from the shop this evening.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	321428

+1
    AWESOME, AWESOME pickup for a ridiculous deal, and warranty. DAMN!
    And being in florida, sounds like you can pretty much ride all year long, and who the hell wouldn't do that if they could?!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information