Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

First Impressions 300x (mean Green Offshore Machine)

First To give you a little background on myself, I imported a 2009 FZS from the USA. It was my first ski, so I did a lot of research and found this site. I saw how easy the 1800cc SC were to modify. I started with small mods after reading Jerry's story (every page).

Then surprise surprise I wanted more. Bit the bullet and got Watson IC setup,reflash, ET wheel, impeller, Watson exhaust grate, plate etc etc. ski was fast but hookup was sh*t. I used to see guys on 260/300x riding past sitting down..... When I'm holding on for dear life!

Met waytoomanytoys (mal) and started riding with the Sydney crew. We ride in the ocean,lake and a fair bit of chop almost never the river.
    The FZS is fast but only on very flat water. Get a 1 foot chop and a little swell and the FZ hull skips like a stone....
    After about 60 hrs the clutch finally went, Mal couldn't believe it lasted that long. It was last weekend when we riding back from Broughton Island near Nelson Bay. I didn't want to say anything at the time and hear (I knew it would happen soon from the kawi riders)
    Sooo came the problem, fix the clutch and possibly again in the next few months or sell the FZS and buy a ski more suited to our ocean riding style.
    Last edited by FZSN; 01-16-2014 at 11:16 PM.

+1
    I was looking to buy a second ski for the family to learn on (as the mrs says the FZS is too fast). Test rode a Seadoo spark last week for about 2 hours around broken bay, Ettalong and pittwater but that's another story
    Mal suggested I call Jamie Eade from Brisbane Kawasaki as Craig @ Wollongong Jet ski had none instock.
    I called Jamie and from the very first phone call I felt that Jamie was sincere and knowledgable. Not at all a high pressure salesman. Jamie offered me a very fair price and with the 3yr warranty made it to atteactive to pass up. Now all I needed to do was to sell the idea to the minister of finance.
    After some small concessions and promising to sell some of my other toys I had the nod.
    Seeing its school holidays in Australia it made perfect sense to take the kids on a ROAD TRIP!!

Borrowed Mals ski trolley to cradle the injured FSZ and we were off. The kids and I stayed at our friends parents place at Coffs Harbour. We left for brisbane at 6:30am and got to Jamie's shop 11:30am. Jamie and I shook hands like we were mates from school. He is a very personable guy. Jamie knew we were a little rushed for time so had the ski fully prepped and ready to go. He demonstrated all the bells and whistles of the ski and instructed me on before and after ride maintenance.

Jamie was super organised and done the invoice, had put fuel in it and we loaded it onto my trailer. The ratchet tie downs I had would of scratched the hull the way they sat so Jamie was so kind and gave me a new strap no charge and a Kawasaki racing team cap
    We left Jamie's shop and headed for Sydney towing the green machine (as the kids call it)
    Last edited by FZSN; 01-24-2014 at 04:12 PM.

+1
    Night before the first ride was killing me with anticipation, watched Mark Gerners offshore racing vids on youtube and my excitement grew. Felt like Christmas Eve as a kid lmao.

I was meeting Mal and Paolo at 9:30am at Mals before our ride but I snuck out at 6am for an early morning break in run.
    Even though I had the SC yammy the sound of the SC on the kawi is awesome.
    The hookup off the line of the 300x with the 160mm pump is what yamaha should
    of had.

The funny thing with the 300x is that all the tuning is done pretty much. No need to do anything for the performance is awesome.
    To put it into perspective, if you want to ride in the ocean, large chop you don't need to spend any money on mods. If you want to tune your FZ hull, motor to try and keep up with the 300x it would cost serious $$$$. So take that cost of the new purchase price of the kawi and the kawasaki is the best value for money SC ski on the market (IMHO)

I must say it was kind of weird sitting at Palm beach eating some breaky looking at 3 x 300x kawasaki's feeling like we have been under Mals hypnotic kawasaki charm.

So as a first impression of the 300x and the size of my smiles as a guidance to how happy I am, thanks Mal for the guidance and help of picking a new ski and thanks Kawasaki for building a true performance ski straight out of the box.
    Not bad Mal turning a Seadoo owner and a yamaha owner to your wicked green ways
    Last edited by FZSN; 01-16-2014 at 11:13 PM.

+1
    Great choice you wont look back

+1
    And what a sweet day out it was today too!! The hull is awesome in the rough isn't it mate, compared to the yami & PX!! Malcolm has worked his magic well!!

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    Call me Obe Wan Kanobi "These are not the jetskis you are looking for". It's these magical green and black ones.... they are a MACHINE.

It was a good day out, flying across the bay, launching off the swell and floating in the air like no other ski can.

It's classic seeing the smile on John and Paolo's face and they are doing 60 MPH+ in the chop! Makes me laugh. Awesome!

Cheers, Mal.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FZSN View Post
    Night before the first ride was killing me with anticipation, watched Mark Gerners offshore racing vids on youtube and my excitement grew. Felt like Christmas Eve as a kid lmao.

I was meeting Mal and Paolo at 9:30am at Mals before our ride but I snuck out at 6am for an early morning break in run.
    Even though I had the SC yammy the sound of the SC on the kawi is awesome.
    The hookup off the line of the 300x with the 160mm pump is what yamaha should
    of had.

The funny thing with the 300x is that all the tuning is done pretty much. No need to do anything for the performance is awesome.
    To put it into perspective, if you want to ride in the ocean, large chop you don't need to spend any money on mods. If you want to tune your FZ hull, motor to try and keep up with the 300x it would cost serious $$$$. So take that cost of the new purchase price of the kawi and the kawasaki is the best value for money SC ski on the market (IMHO)

I must say it was kind of weird sitting at Palm beach eating some breaky looking at 3 x 300x kawasaki's feeling like we have been under Mals hypnotic kawasaki charm.

So as a first impression of the 300x and the size of my smiles as a guidance to how happy I am, thanks Mal for the guidance and help of picking a new ski and thanks Kawasaki for building a true performance ski straight out of the box.
    Not bad Mal turning a Seadoo owner and a yamaha owner to your wicked green ways
    what a great story and put a smile on my face , tks for sharing it with us.

+1
    Congrats on the new ski and welcome to the family. Now you can realize why we love the Ultra so much.

+1
    Good seeing you guys out today and glad your enjoying your new ski mate!

You won't believe this but as you all drove past me at ettalong I encountered a little issue, I'll post it in my thread to not clog this one up.

Chad

+1
    Another isdue chad! ! Man what are you doing..
    Isnt it amazing the bashes of the non owners suddenly liking the ski lol

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information