Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1

Just moved to HOUSTON TX

Hey guys just moved to houston, Tx and i was wondering places to ride. I heard Clear Lakes, lake Houston and Lake Conroe, but i do not wanna go out there myself since i don't know the area if any of you is planning on riding when it gets hot let me know : ) i am a member of South Florida Riders but unfortunately i left Florida. So i will be happy to join anybody to ride and know TX waters, thank you

+1
    You really need to get together with Troy (troyheb)
    Also we are only a few hours away with all the water you could ever want to ride. The TX guys come this way and ride quite often.
    I have ridden your way many times. Check out www.BAPWA.com it is a riding club over there. Whilethey are more of just cruisers their site does give their ride locations. There is also some great riding near the border. Sabine River, Mermentau River in West LA. I am hoping we can have a get together in that area with a few members.

+1
    Also Sean (smokeysevin) lives in Clear Lake.

4. +1 by:

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    Thanks for letting me know, i will definitely try meeting some people from this area and see when they ride. I went to clear lakes and it was awesome, huge lake. Hoping to go ride by march

+1
    I have spent quite a bit of time down in S.FL. with the club. Member myself.
    Page 1 member profiles.
    Welcome to our part of paradise. Looking forward to burning some gas with you. Also don't forget our Mudbug/Hydrodrags weekend

7. +1 by:

+1
    welcome to Houston fast SHO. Would not suggest Lake Conroe, too many marine and police patrols, and unsafe boaters. Check out 3 palms near Conroe, a private dirt bike track with a small lake for jet skiing. I test my race skis there. Nice group of guys there and a buoy course too.
    There is also Gene's Polaris near Baytown, small private lake, great for both standup and sit-down's. For bay and gulf riding, there is a boat ramp on Tiki Island off of 45 just before you get to Galveston.
    Why wait until March ? We were riding last week at three palms, and planning to ride maybe this Sunday or Monday.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    welcome to Houston fast SHO. Would not suggest Lake Conroe, too many marine and police patrols, and unsafe boaters. Check out 3 palms near Conroe, a private dirt bike track with a small lake for jet skiing. I test my race skis there. Nice group of guys there and a buoy course too.
    There is also Gene's Polaris near Baytown, small private lake, great for both standup and sit-down's. For bay and gulf riding, there is a boat ramp on Tiki Island off of 45 just before you get to Galveston.
    Why wait until March ? We were riding last week at three palms, and planning to ride maybe this Sunday or Monday.
    ah tiki.. just down the road from my old stomping ground. bayou viast and omega bay. my dad still lives there.

+1
    Welcome to the other side of the GoM. Be sure to check out the TX page of my site for free GPS'd trails: pwctrailfinder.com.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    Welcome to the other side of the GoM. Be sure to check out the TX page of my site for free GPS'd trails: pwctrailfinder.com.
    Just be very careful riding some I the area out there in any of those areas around the bay. I recommend you get together with the locals as to not end up in an oyster bed. The tides and the wind changing the water levels can cause you some heartaches. I was on a bapwa ride following the leaders and most of the group ended up in a few inches of water on an oyster reef. The pumps did not like that at all. I have been in most of the area you are used to riding down in FL and this is much different.

12. +1 by:

+1
    Welcome to Houston. WFO, Fullboggie and I were going to ride this weekend, but we could not get together today and I want to watch Football tomorrow. Clear Lake has a pretty cool creek that we ride. Shot me a PM with some contact info I will give you a shout when we ride. 97GSLEEPER, Dyoung and I ride the Sabine river a lot. If the temp is around 70ish with sun next weekend we will probably be riding somewhere. There a are a lot of fast skis and good people to ride with in the Houston area.

14. +1 by:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information