Audio system and warranty?

Ok so I've been doing a ton of research for a while now and I'm sold on the soggy dog audio. Seems like the best choice and no cutting besides a 3/16" hole in the mirror housing base.

Anyways I was at my areas boat show today and my local dealer was there also. I was talking to them about installing them on my ski and I asked them if it would effect my y.e.s. Warranty at all and they were not sure. I have my warranty for another 2 and a half years so I don't want to do anything that will void it.

One of the managers of my dealer I talked to said to email him my skis serial number and he would email yamaha directly and ask em.

I would like to know now instead of waiting for that, so I can get this system ordered and installed. So does anyone know for sure if this will effect my y.e.s. warranty? Thanks!

+1
    Like any aftermarket modifications it would only effect warranty on parts effected by the modification. If part of your exhaust fails for example you should still be covered. That's my understanding anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by STUNNA View Post
    Like any aftermarket modifications it would only effect warranty on parts effected by the modification. If part of your exhaust fails for example you should still be covered. That's my understanding anyway.
    Ok great. Yea because if something big like that did happen, I dont want them to screw me over. Thanks!

Does anyone else have any input on this? Would like some more.
    Last edited by Bryan; 01-19-2014 at 05:21 PM.

For people that would like to know I received a reply from yamaha. They said installing the audio system will not void the warranty, but if there is a failure caused by installing it, it will not be covered.

This is great news for me!

+1
    Should be okay. I would think the only risk might be if you had a problem with the electrical system on the ski and they claimed that was somehow caused by improper installation of the sound equipment, but that would be probably be unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Should be okay. I would think the only risk might be if you had a problem with the electrical system on the ski and they claimed that was somehow caused by improper installation of the sound equipment, but that would be probably be unlikely.
    Yes I thought about that after reading it again. What I'm going to do is when I take it to my dealer, have them wire the system through a totally separate battery. So if by chance that did happen, they wouldn't be able to screw me saying it was not installed properly or whatever.

im also going to get documentation from the dealer saying it was separate and any failures were not a result of the installation of the system.

Thread Information