Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yet another "What PWC should I get?" Thread - Newb

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forums and decided to join after researching PWC's for the past couple of weeks. My apologies for yet another "What PWC should I get?" thread but after all of my searching, I've found that you chaps have given great advice. I haven't found any new information regarding my question since late 2013 and I'm looking for an updated response from the PWC demographic.

I'm in the market to buy a new PWC which I will use solely on the lake. Though my lake gets a little choppy from time to time it doesn't bother me in the slightest so comfort is last in my "want" list behind handling, performance, and reliability.

There is a twist however to this performance I crave......I am looking for a naturally aspirated (and I will not be considering supercharged crafts at all) craft from either Yamaha, Sea Doo, or Kawasaki. I want the fastest, best handling, exciting, naturally aspirated PWC. I realize some of you may have a o.O face going on when I hold performance so high (without even looking at superchargers) but the fact of the matter is that I am a incredibly streamlined and practical person. Hahahaha. I don't want to ever have the hassle of rebuilding my supercharger or having to worry about its condition at all. I understand that other things can go wrong on a PWC but I just don't want to ever deal with that headache. (and yes I know what I'm missing).

SO! I have my eyes set on the 2014 Yamaha FX HO (or should I be looking at the VXR??) and the GTI 155 limited (I like those extra goodies). I am open to any brand but I want to make it clear I am looking for the pinnacle performance, handling, naturally aspirated PWC that money can buy (as price is not a factor at all).

I'll post this to the three general discussions of each manufacturer page (Moderators, please let me know if this is a violation and I'll delete the threads asap!).

I'm really excited to get into the PWC world and share my experiences with you all for the foreseeable future!

+1
    Injection is nice, but I'd rather be blown..........

+1
    Yamama Superchargers don't need to be rebuilt like Sea Doo's do. However the VXR/VXS sounds PERFECT for you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged67 View Post
    Yamama Superchargers don't need to be rebuilt like Sea Doo's do. However the VXR/VXS sounds PERFECT for you.
    They don't?????? Check again
    Last edited by greenbullet; 01-20-2014 at 05:51 AM.

+1
    Seadoo GTI Limited.

+1
    What the hell are you talking about ? . Yamaha get the supercharger rebuilt at 100hrs.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucka View Post
    What the hell are you talking about ? . Yamaha get the supercharger rebuilt at 100hrs.
    My uncle's FZS Supercharged has 250 hours on it, with Zero problems and Zero supercharger repairs....just an FYI
    the VXR will tear up a gti 155, but is not a nice in rough water.

+1
    Vxr vxs will be the fastest n/a skis.
    Gti will have all the latest features and use less fuel. Top speed on the doo is around 60.

I can relate to what you are looking for. I have a Kawasaki STX 15f (may be worth a look for you) and a Yamaha VXS. If your are looking for versatility and top speed/acceleration isn't a top concern I think both the GTI and FX HO would by nice PWCs. With the VXS you gain the performance (in smooth water) but loose some versatility and all of the bells and whistles.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Simply put the Yamaha VXR/S is the fastest non-supercharged ski on the market.

Hull isn't as great in rough water (ocean) as other watercrafts. But if your riding lakes and rivers that is the machine to get.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information