fired up ski with a loose spark plug and oil everywhere

im really worried about my ski, i installed new plugs but i forgot to get one more new plug cus i had a back up and it was the wrong size so i left the old one in and didnt tightin it all the way and i forgot about it so i fired it up without knowing i left my plug loose and when i looked in the compartment the next day oil was everywhere so i clean it up and lookd down the hole and u can see like DOTS (CHIPPINGS) it looks like so im afraid i blew a piston. any suggestion or experience someone did the same and there ski ran fine after on the water? but i cant tell if i blew one or not...

Banned User
    +1
    Pull the cylinder head and have a look

Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    or can i just stick a qutip (ear cleaner) down there and c if i have any chewed up matel or shreds of metel cus i cant pull the head until next week till i get another turqe wrench

and if it is blown what should i do when i take the heads and pistions out? just buy 3 brand new pistons or should i get more stuff b4 i put it back to gather

last question, do they sell 3 pistions together or separate on ebay? says piston kit but looks like 2 pistons and what size should i go with .50 over or 1 over? and i i go over do i need to change anything?

Banned User
    +1
    Pull the heads and have a look. Everything else is just speculation until you can see whats going on.

+1
    Pull the heads and have a look. Everything else is just speculation until you can see whats going on.
    +1 - You may not need to do anything until you have a look.....

Jefferson City MO (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1
    I'm trying to figure out how the loose spark plug has anything to do with the flecks of metal or whatever.

+1
    Hello HondaGreg, "1st things 1st " .... did you see metal chips ? or just carbon that look like chips of some kind ? My suggestion to you would be put the correct plugs back in properly, then do a compression check ... that will most likely set the tone for the next step if any is needed. If the compression check reveals something .... then pull the head. It is an easy do. You only need the torque wrench when re-installing the heads. Again take baby steps before you get all depressed. Good Luck & welcome to the Hulk

10. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Hello HondaGreg, "1st things 1st " .... did you see metal chips ? or just carbon that look like chips of some kind ? My suggestion to you would be put the correct plugs back in properly, then do a compression check ... that will most likely set the tone for the next step if any is needed. If the compression check reveals something .... then pull the head. It is an easy do. You only need the torque wrench when re-installing the heads. Again take baby steps before you get all depressed. Good Luck & welcome to the Hulk
    its hard to tell cus i had the motor apart and put new gaskets in and the pistons had alot of life left on them and were in good shape but i did scrape the head a bit cleaning them but i think thats y i c flakes but i doubt they r i forgot i cleaned them but thannks! and is the a oil hole where u put motor oil in the jet ski any where?

Thread Information