Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

did I get the right bilge?

Johnson Pumps of America 22502 Marine Pro-Line 500 GPH Bilge Pump

link would not copy and paste from this computer.
    I decided against the rule due to the bad reviews and people complaining about the pump not wanting to turn off on multiple units. I could have swore this unit said it did not have a float, but now im second guessing myself as i dont see anything about it.

sorry if this is in wrong section

+1
    Any bilge pump is better that none, I have a 900 gpm old rule pump that has saved me many of times, from leaking carbon rings to cooling hoses coming off and flooding the hull,
    I had a nifty on off switch that came with my UMI Steering set up,
    the easiest spot I found was the back left, see in picture,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SEADOO 078.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	285.5 KB 
ID:	321585   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seadoo 043.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	255.6 KB 
ID:	321586  

+1
    I have one that looks just like this in my houseboat and it's just a manual on/off pump. If it is the same one you will have a hard time finding a place to mount it as well as it's pretty big.

The Whale SS5212 is a excellent pump and mounts perfectly in the back of the hull. Nice and small as well. I have also used a Rule Mate RM500A (currently in my RXT) it is a little big, but does fit "ok" and I didn't have to remove anything to install it. Place it between the resonator and the pump tunnel on the starboard side. However. If I ever have to put one in another ski, it will be the Whale, they run excellent. They are all on switches but get left on automatic, even after a few weeks they don't hurt the battery at all. DESS pulls more current than the pumps.

Should be same as rule mate size wise. And it's setup for on. Off. Manual. Just making sure it didn't have a float

+1
    The johnson that you bought is not automatic... You should run an automatic to truly get the benefit of having a bilge, this way it works overnight to keep the ski dry, and also will come on before you are in trouble in the event that you have a leak develop. I run the Whale ... http://www.iboats.com/Supersub-650-G...view_id.943198 ... Thats where ole Skymac got the idea... cause mine works the best.

There is a thread here: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=208872 that has a lot of information.
    and here: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=206951 .

Yep got it in today and it's not what I need. Not sure if I can return it through amazon or not. Lovely

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chets ls3 View Post
    Yep got it in today and it's not what I need. Not sure if I can return it through amazon or not. Lovely
    Well, on the up side, if it's not returnable it's handy to have around. I have one of those that i use to winterize, and also to clean my intercooler with. Jerry posted a "Tip of the day" on intercooler cleaning... search that, may be something you are interested in, i know i was, i feel like it helped me get some RPMs back on that ski too...

yep think ill keep it, wasnt alot of money, im going to wire it up to a switch tonight and put it in the hull (theres a little water down there) and see how it does, and ill order the whale.

+1
    Nice. Don't forget some bilge hose, clamps, and one of these: http://www.iboats.com/PWC-Bilge-Fitt...view_id.695446 in the appropriate color and configuration.

I bought a shoreline kit with white. I was going to paint it black and if it didn't hold up get a powder coated or painted one like you shown above.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information