DIY mods.. Stx15f

Hello everyone..
    I'm new to the Kawasaki side of this site.. Just picked up 2006 stx15f it 21 hours on it... I'm looking to do a few things on it I had it out last season and was trying to do some entry level mods.. My question is.. What can I do besides intake and exhaust as a DIY.. And has anyone tried to swap the single exhaust for the new stx15f? They changed the exhaust and removed the right side water box and just have a single now.. Any one try and and see the difference?
    also any one know a good k&n filter for the intake? What size is it?
    Also how tight of a bend is that exhaust hose to go from the first water box straight to the through hull?
    also what size is it?

I would also like to add the dry charger for the k&n just incase.
    also anyone have a ride plate r&d in Ontario? Toronto area

+1
    Welcome to the Forum.
    The best thing I can recommendis using the search function There is tons of information about this ski.
    I will say DO NOT only just throw a K&N on the throttle body as many do. The placement of the filter will increase your chances of water injestion. If any water makes it to the coupling it will throw it directly into the filter then there you go water in your engine.

Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    Welcome to the Forum.
    The best thing I can recommendis using the search function There is tons of information about this ski.
    I will say DO NOT only just throw a K&N on the throttle body as many do. The placement of the filter will increase your chances of water injestion. If any water makes it to the coupling it will throw it directly into the filter then there you go water in your engine.
    What will be a good location.. I don't think I wanna cut my box under my seat.. Are there any good alternatives without losing my storage boxes?

+1
    Yes there are a couple. Sean(smokeysevin) is putting together a 15f modification thread he will post as soon as he completes it including answers to this question. The way I did it was I used tubing and came off the throttle body made a U and ran it along the intake manifold to the front of the ski above the gas tank. This was on my Ultra LX though and I do not think there is room in the STX hull to do this. I am not familiar with the STX unless it has a Vortech in it so I can not offer my assistance.

+1

6. +1 by:

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Don't do the filter like that, like GL mentioned if you get any water in the hull it will sling off the coupler and into the filter.

Sean

8. +1 by:

Thread Information