Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Trailer lock

+1

Trailer lock

Whats the best trailer lock and also a lock to secure a spare ski to double trailer if you leave one ski on it at boat ramp.

+1
    Multiple locks on the skis and the trailer and wheels. You have to make your rig more work than the guy next to you. If all else fails then this will at least let you know that where your ski is.
    http://finditnowusa.com/

3. +1 by:

+1
    John is right. No lock will stop them, just try and make it as hard as possible.

+1
    I have this trailer lock.

Link

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post

Link
    thats the same one i have. bought the combo that came with the lock to keep the lever from popping up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid chicken View Post

Link
    thats the same one i have. bought the combo that came with the lock to keep the lever from popping up.
    When at the water my trailer is never far away or unhooked from my vehicle and within sight if not right at my shore spot. I got this lock to use while it's in my garage in case anyone tries to break open the garage door and back up and hook up my trailer and ski and take off. A guy a few houses down from me had his 69 Camaro stolen right out of his garage a few years ago so yeah...I also have a motion detector alarm in my garage...I'm not taking chances.

+1

Link
    When at the water my trailer is never far away or unhooked from my vehicle and within sight if not right at my shore spot. I got this lock to use while it's in my garage in case anyone tries to break open the garage door and back up and hook up my trailer and ski and take off. A guy a few houses down from me had his 69 Camaro stolen right out of his garage a few years ago so yeah...I also have a motion detector alarm in my garage...I'm not taking chances.
    understandable. that hitch lock is only used in the garage but the latch lock gets used if its hooked to the jeep or not. i dont leave it in the upright open position.

if i owned and not rented i would have motion detectors as well. not to mention a somewhat cool garage lol

+1

Link
    I had one of those locks on a trailer and lost the key so I had to cut it off. It took less than 60 seconds with just a manual hacksaw to get it off. I was really surprised at how easy it was to cut. I would bet a good set of bolt cutters would take it right off. I have two locks on the hitch, and one on each ski and sometimes a wheel lock. Just trying to make it as much of a pain for them. I also have a fin unit on one ski so i know if someone moves it.

+1

Link
    understandable. that hitch lock is only used in the garage but the latch lock gets used if its hooked to the jeep or not. i dont leave it in the upright open position.

if i owned and not rented i would have motion detectors as well. not to mention a somewhat cool garage lol
    Even if you are renting you could slap one of these up with some double sided tape on the wall in your garage.

Link

+1
    Mutiple locks... and a glock for when you hear them trying to cut your locks. Just my .02

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information