2013 Gelcoat repair

Does anyone know where I can get a gel coat repair kit for a 13 GTI 155. The grey is what I'm trying to match. Gelcote international does not list the grey. I found a Spectrum product on iboats site, but I don't know if it is a match or not.

http://www.iboats.com/Seadoo-2013-An...iew_id.1134469

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002X View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get a gel coat repair kit for a 13 GTI 155. The grey is what I'm trying to match. Gelcote international does not list the grey. I found a Spectrum product on iboats site, but I don't know if it is a match or not.

Spectrum will not match. The Anthracite grey is a metallic and Spectrum does not do metallic...

BRP is with out a gelcoat provider at this time. Gelcote Intl is now owned by new people and BRP has not given them the formulas for all the new colors.....

I have had a customers 2013 GTI Ltd for almost 7 months waiting on gel coat....

BRP must think we are giving away nuclear secrets to China because they wont give us gel coat!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002X View Post

Spectrum will not match. The Anthracite grey is a metallic and Spectrum does not do metallic...

BRP is with out a gelcoat provider at this time. Gelcote Intl is now owned by new people and BRP has not given them the formulas for all the new colors.....

I have had a customers 2013 GTI Ltd for almost 7 months waiting on gel coat....

BRP must think we are giving away nuclear secrets to China because they wont give us gel coat!!!!!

Your bolded comment above is confusing to me. The spectrum product that I found is Anthracite and it sounds like you are saying that we need the Anthracite product for the repair???

+1
    I have a body guy who has been doing gelcoat for over 15 years and he used to do Carver Yachts (million dollar plus) and he says that Spectrum does not make metallic colors. When someone with his experience talks, I listen....

He has tried to match Anthracite with no luck

Tiny I need to repair the gelcoat on my 2013 rxp x 260. Do you know where I can get the black?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pusateri View Post
    Tiny I need to repair the gelcoat on my 2013 rxp x 260. Do you know where I can get the black?
    The black is a non metallic so Spectrum should have it or the new owners of Gelcote Intl might have it...

Thread Information