Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Questions about BRP Diagnostic kit / Candoo and ECU Customization

Hello everybody,

I have a 2011 Sea-Doo GTI 130 for 3 years. Now, I'm looking to increase the performance of my PWC with the help of a friend, improving the engine and turning on the basis of a 215-255 hp and by this way, I hope to become independent on the revision of my Sea-Doo. I have several questions I ask myself.
    I read on some websites that MPI-2 adapter of BRP diagnostic system is an IXXAT interface (USB to CAN compact). I wonder if some people have tried to use the BRP software with this interface and if the purchase of an expensive MEGATECH key is required? If yes, what type of key I have to buy to use the software only for my GTI and where? I wanted to buy the Candoo tool but I heard it has fewer settings.
    Do you know a website where I can purchase the IXXAT interface?
    Finally, to improve my engine, I'll need to find a new ECU or reprogram my BOSCH unit. Could you tell me if the ECU changes according to the year of the PWC or if any 215hp programmed BOSCH unit may suit me (to my ski)?
    Is there an easy way to change the map of my ECU through the CAN bus and using the IXXAT interface? Using the Candoo? How does it work?

Regards,
    Fabrice

+1
    all you need is the v-tec programmer and buy a credit for your ecu

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Faflux31 View Post
    Hello everybody,

I have a 2011 Sea-Doo GTI 130 for 3 years. Now, I'm looking to increase the performance of my PWC with the help of a friend, improving the engine and turning on the basis of a 215-255 hp and by this way, I hope to become independent on the revision of my Sea-Doo. I have several questions I ask myself.
    I read on some websites that MPI-2 adapter of BRP diagnostic system is an IXXAT interface (USB to CAN compact). I wonder if some people have tried to use the BRP software with this interface and if the purchase of an expensive MEGATECH key is required? If yes, what type of key I have to buy to use the software only for my GTI and where? I wanted to buy the Candoo tool but I heard it has fewer settings.
    Finally, to improve my engine, I'll need to find a new ECU or reprogram my BOSCH unit. Could you tell me if the ECU changes according to the year of the PWC or if any 215hp programmed BOSCH unit may suit me (to my ski)?
    Is there an easy way to change the map of my ECU through the CAN bus and using the IXXAT interface? Using the Candoo? How does it work?

Regards,
    Fabrice

fabrice, this is what you are looking for www.youTUNEit.net

Hello everybody,

Regards,
    Fabrice
    I had a quick look at the IXXAT interface and from what i can see it looks like a pretty raw way of getting the data and may be a little bit of work to get going but could be pretty interesting.

My ski is running the Seimens ECU and I run the CANdoo setup which is a nice plug and play solution to access all basic ski settings such as operating hrs, service intervals error codes, add remove keys and a few other bits and pieces. on top of that i also use the v-tech maptuner to change the maps and in turn performance of the ski with the BRPDiag (by v-tech) data logger to monitor the whole lot.

from what i have seen Candoo is aimed at diagnostics as opposed to tuning and from what i have seen both on the net and with what i have it is not able to change the maps.

The v-tech gear appears to have the functionality to tweak some of the basic settings too but is no where near as refined as the Candoo setup.

+1
    First of all, your are trying to improve a GTI 130.. There is only a limited amount you can do to it without "breaking the bank". I suggest saving your money and upgrading the ski to start with...

+1
    Hi Everybody,

Sorry for the late reply. I just quickly look at the v-tech maptuner. It seems really good but a little bit expensive I find.
    I don't understand how the credit card system works.

@Tiny
    As I said before, I plan to upgrade my ski with all 215/255 engine parts as it is done on GTR. (camshaft, super charger, pistons, intercooler, ...). This is true that only reprogramming does not bring much change.
    It is easy to find rebuilt motors around 3000$ in my country which is always cheaper than changing my ski.
    Moreover, my engine has 450 hours and it requires a deep revision.
    This is the opportunity to strip down and rebuild all the engine.

My main issue is to find a new suitable ECU (electrical harness) or to remap it myself. What is good with the vtech system is that you can save the map in order to restore it later.
    As prepared skis generally doesn't sell well, I prefer to keep the possibility to reload my original map into my ECU.
    What bothers me the most is that you need to save your data on a server.

Is there someone who knows if the ECU depends on the electrical harness (the year of the ski) or if there is only 2 part references (BOSCH and SIEMENS) for all the skis?

+1
    Help !!!!

+1
    Hi Everybody,

Sorry for the late reply. I just quickly look at the v-tech maptuner. It seems really good but a little bit expensive I find.
    I don't understand how the credit card system works.

You use your credit card to buy the maptuner and tuning credit here in the store www.youTUNEit.net
    V-Tech is a very easy system to use. You can reload your stock mapping at any time.

Please watch video from this link to understand how the maptuner and tuning credit works
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=180_193

+1
    I am about to place the order for a candoo diagnostic kit, but I have one issue.
    I have the 130hp original ECU on my 2011 Seadoo GTI but I am going to modify my ski to improve performances using a 260hp racing ECU.
    As the VIN license is related to the number stored on the ECU, replacing my ECU means I will use 2 VIN’s of my limited home system.

The racing ECU has been used so probably has a VIN number stored inside.
    Is there anyone who knows if it is possible to replace this number, using the VIN number of my original ECU in order to use only 1 of the 4 licenses?

+1
    I am about to place the order for a candoo diagnostic kit, but I have one issue.
    I have the 130hp original ECU on my 2011 Seadoo GTI but I am going to modify my ski to improve performances using a 260hp racing ECU.
    As the VIN license is related to the number stored on the ECU, replacing my ECU means I will use 2 VIN’s of my limited home system.

The racing ECU has been used so probably has a VIN number stored inside.
    Is there anyone who knows if it is possible to replace this number, using the VIN number of my original ECU in order to use only 1 of the 4 licenses?

No unfortionatly you will use 2 VINs if you hook it up to the 2 different ECUs...It will read the Racing ECUs number and the OEM ECUs number...So unfortionatly you will burn 2 VIns in the Candoo sytem..there is no way to my knowlage to change VINs....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information