Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Planning a trip to Duck / Kitty Hawk - Outter Banks. Bringing skis?

Hey guys,

Im planning a family summer vacation trip to the Outer Banks and am wondering what are the best areas for bringing/riding my own skis in the Pamlico Sound or Atlantic ocean? I notice north of Corolla may have beach launch access all year but I'm really not sure. I'd prefer a boat ramp though. Any other areas? We're probably staying in Duck, NC Mid-July. It would be neat to roll out of bed and hop on a ski right on the beach but I believe there are a few regulations. Any help appreciated.

Skis listed in signature.

Thank you

+1
    P M a guy on the forum "Rickwhite" his real name is Joey, He rides fzr and lives there, He can help you, Tommy Jordan

Will do. Thank you

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    There are no public boating access or ramps in duck that place is funny about skis.......there may be private or paid access on the Currituck sound side. As far as I know there are no skis within 200ft of beach on ocean side this means no launching or beaching.....that may have changed we always make a trip from my house out there ITS VERY PRETTY OUT THERE. Rental company's for skis are on sound side they may have paid access

Hmm that's sounds a bit disappointing in fact. I take it you don't bring skis with you. I understand why the only clean place on the east coast would be this way but there has got to be some sound side fun things to do with my skis. Looking for more suggestions.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Where are you staying the closest launch I know of is in kitty hawk little ways from duck depending where on the island your staying

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    We make a water trip from my house on N currutuck sound the 24 miles over there I take skis there just not on a trailer

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    If they put boat ramps all over duck it would put a strain on the local economy/ rental company also they act like there a nuisance to the scenery for the tourists

I think we are staying in Duck but the trip isn't confirmed just yet. So, I'll look around kity hawk for a launch. Most likely we are going with or without the skis no matter.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroClient View Post
    I think we are staying in Duck but the trip isn't confirmed just yet. So, I'll look around kity hawk for a launch. Most likely we are going with or without the skis no matter.
    You will love duck it's beautiful.... look in Kill Devil hills or in corolla

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information