Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OEM tires:

OEM tires:

Why is it that Ford uses sh!t brand and size tires on there vehicles.
    For one, this van came with Hankooks, and the typical van front end is already scrubbing the sh!t out of them. was looking for some options for future tires, prolly over the summer and the size is limited, especially load E 10 ply, WTF... so if I went to a 265/75/16 from the oem 245/16/75 they wont fit, 20 freakin mm will hit the bottom of the metal fenders, good grief! ...PR...

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    i run michelien 265' and there 10ply

Mitchlin tires.... and make sure you get a good alingment. Hancook makes a great compition tire!!! The ones the dealers usaly purchase are not the same quailty as getting one from a tire dealer. See if there is a TCI,,, Tire Centers LLC. in your area. I used to work for one here, and they will be very competive on price, and great service, and they are also owned by Mitchlin.

I was going to go with the Nitto terra grappler since I really like them on the nissan Xterra, but the side biters will def hit the fender (metal) bottom edges, this is after the tire dealer talked me out of these:
    http://www.hankooktireusa.com/product/RF10.pdf
    he said Hankooks were sh!t tires,

so then I was looking at these:
    http://www.hankooktireusa.com/product/Z36-LT.pdf

these tires are about 40-45 less than the nitto`s...

take a look at the tire specs, can I use them on 8" wheels even though the spec maxes at 7.5?
    ...PR...

Yes, you can mount them on that wheel, but you might get some funny tire wear. What year van? The Ford E and F serise have a bad Ball joint problem, though the did fix the issues a couple years ago. Make sure that you get that front end checked out. If ball joint replacment is nessacery make sure that you get Moog brand replacment parts. Because once you do you should never have a problem with that part again. They find out why the OE parts go bad, and find a way to improve the part so they do not fail again. OE on the fords are made by TRW witch are junk. But overall Ford's are hard to beat, at least in there truck/van lineup.

Rod, it`s brand spankin new! well 3047 miles on it now, I just did the first oil change and put in Amsoil...PR...

I really wanted to go much wider, but the wheel/tire gets really close to the fender (not fender well) when turning all the way, lock to lock ...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 01-11-2008 at 11:13 PM.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    get some bfg's and do it up A-Team style

+1
    When you shop tires and or combos, don't over look doing business with these guys. http://www.tirerack.com/
    They also list local installer for your area. You can have the tires or wheels drop shipped to them.

Here's a tire size calculator. Lets you see how the dimensions change.
    http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

+1
    PR, whatever you do be sure to get a good alignment done when you put the tires on it. The FIRST place any vehicle that I buy goes is to the alignment shop. Think about it, they put springs on the vehicle and it doesnt even sit on the ground a couple of days and they do an alignment on it. The springs dont even have a chance to settle. Then they tie 'em down on a truck and haul them all over the country with extra pressure on the springs. When the vehicle gets to the dealer and been bounced down the road on the back of the truck is when they need to do the alignment. I wish the dealers were required to do an alignment on all vehicles as part of the "make ready" part of selling vehicles. I have never bought a Ford but both my wifes Dodge in '05 and her Tahoe in '03 were both way out of spec when I took them to my buddy for him to align.

Just my .02

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information