+1

Advice on purchase

So I purchased a RXP on Ebay with a double trailer I paid $3975.00 for the whole deal. I considered the trailer was worth approx $1000. The ad stated that the Supercharger was updated at 100 hrs with only 114hrs current. No paperwork for that so I considered it not done anyway so that is not an issue. But for the record it still had ceramic washers and was never off the ski judging by the grease. First strike but no biggie since I purchased the ski with intentions of going through it and updating everything anyway. I go to register it and the registration for the trailer is bounced and not the correct one. I wait very patiently for about a month. And I hear I will be getting it last week or early this week. In the mean time I have a buyer for the trailer for $900 it is in really good condition bearing buddies and loadstar tires. I receive word on Thursday the registration has not even been sent yet. So I tell the person I purchased it from I need it Friday because the buyer I have wants to do the purchase today. Well I get the registration and tell my buyer to meet me at the notary today. I get to the notary and decide while waiting I looked at the paperwork and it is for a different trailer with a GVW of 1000#s WTF can I do with a double trailer with a weight limit of a 1000#s. I call the buyer and tell him and he is no longer interested and I cannot blame him.
    I contact the seller I purchased it from who BTW sold it on consignment and we get into a little bitching anyway he wants to give me $700 back and take the trailer back, because he can buy a new double trailer for $1100 supposedly. At first it was $500 that I would not do. I sort of agreed to the $700 because I just want this over with but should I?

What is a good double trailer worth Galvanized with the options that I stated.

Sorry for the long post
    Last edited by Flyer5; 01-25-2014 at 04:13 PM.

+1
    Take the 700 and be done with it.
    You don't want to be tied to a trailer with a shady past.

+1
    Thanks, Thats what I figure as well.

Thread Information