Racing 2004 seadoo rxp

Hey guys i have a 2004 seadoo rxp and i am hoping to race in stock class this summer. My watercraft curently has a riva stage 1 kit and also a gen 2 supercharger impeller. Do you think this will be enough to atleast compete ? If not what else should i do that is allowed in the ijsba

+1
    If it's your first time, you can race beginner class 3 times with any mods to your ski. After your 3 races you're "suppose" to go into the class your ski is modified for. If stage one you're still around 73-74?, but races are not just won by speed... You need acceleration and handling around bouys. If it doesn't have riva sponsons you should get them. When I raced I had a 97 xp with sponsons and a few mods and was beating way faster skis... just practice as much as you can.. you'll find out if you're in shape by the second lap btw
    Last edited by RXPIndy; 01-25-2014 at 05:26 PM.

My ski goes 74. I will be adding sponsons. Any tips to improve acceleration ?

+1
    I remember the old skis like the swirl impeller for racing. New skis have 100+ Hp more so really it's getting use to usin your trim. Down on when you leave the line and around bouys.. Middle for straight aways. R&D has a nozzle that does it automatically but it's pricy in my opinion.

If you're interested, it's about getn as much water thru the nozzle as possible. You can get the trim rings for your nozzle and bore your stock nozzle to fit them. You want the biggest without hittin the rev limiter. The smaller will give you more top speed. What prop? 14/19? Or 15/20?

Banned User
    +1
    Can't have the supercharger wheel or drop nozzle in stock class FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    Can't have the supercharger wheel or drop nozzle in stock class FYI
    Ok thanks, what should I do to my ski to increase performance that is allowed in stock ?

Banned User
    +1
    Make it leave the line hard, reflash stock class ecu if you can find one for an 04 and ride that mofo as hard as you possibly can. Unfortunately for you most new stock class skis will be up around 100ish hp on you so you'll have to be a better rider! Lowered stock 08+ sponsons will make your ski turn the hardest of hard too!

8. +1 by:

Thread Information