Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 64
  1. #1
    Aussiepauly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney Australa
    Posts
    898
    +1
    70

    Block Guard for all Sea Doo 4-Tec Engines

    Hi boys,

    Since my engine is out and being rebuilt unfortunately, who is running the block guard and who isn't? What's the benefit??
    thanks


  2. #2
    Eastside Powersports Slow 91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    River Crew CT
    Posts
    4,248
    +1
    544
    I don't run them. Maybe a turbo motor

  3. #3
    Aussiepauly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney Australa
    Posts
    898
    +1
    70
    Thanks mate, don't want to skimp since all is out anyway!

  4. #4
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    im installing on on my new motor,BUT im plan on spinning higher RPMs and running taller boost than stock..on a stock boat,i dont see it nessessary..

  5. #5
    Moderator Insanediego Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    5,885
    +1
    142
    i suggest that no one runs a block guard even at high boost. they can and will cause your cases to crack at the front left head bolt bosses. A lot of people are going to lamb baste my ass for saying this but this is a fact.

    Thank you


  6. #6
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanediego Joe View Post
    i suggest that no one runs a block guard even at high boost. they can and will cause your cases to crack at the front left head bolt bosses. A lot of people are going to lamb baste my ass for saying this but this is a fact.

    Thank you
    First i have heard of this,More info please....


  7. #7
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,990
    +1
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanediego Joe View Post
    i suggest that no one runs a block guard even at high boost. they can and will cause your cases to crack at the front left head bolt bosses. A lot of people are going to lamb baste my ass for saying this but this is a fact.

    Thank you
    First i have heard of this,More info please....
    +100

    I've been running one for 3 seasons at 9300rpm and 18-19lbs of boost. No issues to report

  8. #8
    dnielsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,018
    +1
    94
    No problems with mine but would like to hear about any documented cases of engine damage, pics would nice to see. Really curious on this one.........

  9. #9
    Aussiepauly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney Australa
    Posts
    898
    +1
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanediego Joe View Post
    i suggest that no one runs a block guard even at high boost. they can and will cause your cases to crack at the front left head bolt bosses. A lot of people are going to lamb baste my ass for saying this but this is a fact.

    Thank you
    Thanks mate please let us know what your experience is.?

  10. #10
    Sayers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Melbourne AUS
    Posts
    2,300
    +1
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiepauly View Post
    Hi boys,

    Since my engine is out and being rebuilt unfortunately, who is running the block guard and who isn't? What's the benefit??
    thanks
    Engine out again! What happened? I wouldn't bother with a BG on your boat Pauly.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2015, 01:41 PM
  2. Sea-Doo 4-Tec Engine Valve Replacement (Part 1 of 2)
    By 3ftDeep in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-16-2014, 05:20 PM
  3. Looking for a Sea Doo GTX 215 Engine
    By felipe1986 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2011, 04:58 PM
  4. Looking for a Sea Doo GTX 215 Engine
    By felipe1986 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2011, 04:57 PM
  5. FS Many Factory Decals for all Sea Doo GSX XP
    By yeehaa in forum Sea Doo 2 Stroke Skis
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 07:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •