Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

ultra 260x limp mode, found out problem, need help!!!!

Hi I have a ultra 260 and if some of you have read my last thread I brought the ski and it had a wrecked prop and needed a jetpump rebuild, well I done all that and the ski went good, I also cleaned the intercooler and done the pump wedge and since then the ski has stopped injesting water.
    Anyway, I took the ski out today in some chop, since the first ride today it just didn't feel like it pulled as much from the hole (just thought it was the full tank of fuel holding it back) I rode the ski till around half a tank and the ski feeled like it didn't pull from the hole, but it wasn't anything major just a small power decrease some people won't even notice it, when coming back from my ride, I opened the ski up wide open throttle for the set time before going back to the shore, and the ski just died down, then after that it turned off, it hesitated on starting but for the last few hours it has been, thought it was either the exhaust filter or plugs, the ski does not go over 2000 rpm and has like a hitting the limiter sound on 2000rpm, took it home, changed the plugs, still was running extreamly rough and not going over 2000-2500rpm max, it was in limp mode.
    So then I thought it must be leads, and then the idea came into my head to check the supercharger belt and it was completely ripped in half.
    So I've heard that its a extreamly big job to put a new belt in, is this true? Could the supercharger be seased or something?

+1
    If you feel the SC is siezed, you can turn it by hand at the pulley. Let us know if you can or not and we can go from there.

To replace the belt get two new ones and install a spare. Just remove the 4 engine mount bolts and slide the engine forward.

+1
    mate have you checked the idler pulley? remove the belt cover as im guessing its still installed and try and turn both pulleys by hand they should turn free with no noise, if not you have either a seized charger or idler. you will also need the belt tensioner tool. if you dont understand give me a pm im not far away that is if its melb aust.
    cheers

+1
    Nicjak Im from Melbourne, will check the pulleys tomorrow, hopefully no more ban news, I will keep you both posted and we will go from there, fingers crossed

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by james747 View Post
    Nicjak Im from Melbourne, will check the pulleys tomorrow, hopefully no more ban news, I will keep you both posted and we will go from there, fingers crossed
    If you get together with Corey that is a huge step in the right direction. He is one of the most helpful and knowledgeable members on the forum.
    We have other members here that also have the most experience of anyone I know with the Ultra platform that will do all we can to help you through this. Dom't get too upset quite yet.

+1
    Got some good news, both pulleys spin perfectly with no noise at all. So now it's just a new belt. I've heard it's a massive job to put a new belt in, and the engine has to be pushed forward? Is this true?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by james747 View Post
    Got some good news, both pulleys spin perfectly with no noise at all. So now it's just a new belt. I've heard it's a massive job to put a new belt in, and the engine has to be pushed forward? Is this true?
    That is great to hear. Be sure you add the spare belt when you do this in case it happens again. Sliding the engine is not that the job is hard, it is just time consuming.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    the k-tech article is somewhere in this thread on how to do the belt replacement yourself.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39869

its article 20-1 its towards the end of the article.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Replaced the belt myself, wasn't really a tough job, there was one problem I came across, when tying to put the belt on, it was near impossible, kept thinking it was the wrong belt, but after fiddling for 30 minutes the supercharger pulley clunker, and finally the belt went on perfectly. The supercharger pulley/clutch is really rusted, is there some way I can clean it? Is this why the belt ripped, the ripped belt had only 5 ribs, one rib was completely torn off, I'm guessing this is from the supercharger pulley being locked tight, but when it flunked, went back to normal, do you think it will lock tight again?

+1
    If it locked tight sounds like your charger could be on its way out. Yes rusted pulley will shred the belt. How did you tension it. Mate I left my number in a pm. I suggest you use it.

13. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information