Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 101
  1. #21
    My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    4,485
    +1
    320
    Fuel pump; Walbro GSS342 255lph
    Fuel Injectors; Subaru STI "Pinks"
    Fuel Pressure Regulator; any will work provided that its rated for the proper pressure, I am using a FUELab regulator with a gauge mounted on the regulator and all -6 push lock hoses.
    ECU; Motec, halltech, aem. Motec will have the proper harness and be plug and play
    Wideband; pick a color, I am using an AEM but I don't really care for it.
    Pistons; JE 8.4:1 or 8.6:1 if you want to use pump gas.
    Connecting rods: Crower (beefy) or Carillo (lighter than the crowers but still beefy)
    Valves; APE or Kibble White ZX12R
    Valve Springs; Carpenter 65# (what I use) or something else
    Retainers; If you want them, APE or Kibble white


    Sean


  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    Fuel pump; Walbro GSS342 255lph
    Fuel Injectors; Subaru STI "Pinks"
    Fuel Pressure Regulator; any will work provided that its rated for the proper pressure, I am using a FUELab regulator with a gauge mounted on the regulator and all -6 push lock hoses.
    ECU; Motec, halltech, aem. Motec will have the proper harness and be plug and play
    Wideband; pick a color, I am using an AEM but I don't really care for it.
    Pistons; JE 8.4:1 or 8.6:1 if you want to use pump gas.
    Connecting rods: Crower (beefy) or Carillo (lighter than the crowers but still beefy)
    Valves; APE or Kibble White ZX12R
    Valve Springs; Carpenter 65# (what I use) or something else
    Retainers; If you want them, APE or Kibble white


    Sean
    You're the man, Sean! Thanks a lot buddy! I was thinking about the pink injectors, but needed confirmation
    I'll go for this setup, and start ordering this week
    I have Shaby's turbo ski to finish first, and then I'll start the 15F

    Thanks a lot for everything It really helps!

  3. #23
    My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    4,485
    +1
    320
    Let me know if you have any other questions. Plan on running around 50-60 psi of fuel pressure, I prefer to use a rising rate with a boosted motor if starting from scratch.

    Sean

  4. #24
    Yes! That's the pressure we started with while tuning Shaby's FZR. We first started around 52psi. We now are around 45 (I think, haven't seen this ski since a while.. lol to much work on his other one )

    Thanks a lot, anyway I'm looking at everything you told me to buy for this build, and getting the list ready! subtotal keeps rising.. and rising.. and rising..! lool

    Just to make sure I order the right stuff.. are these the right parts ?

    Valve springs (#CARP1009 for 65psi):
    http://store.schnitzracing.com/carpenter-valve-springs/

    Valves (#40-40766 for the exhaust and #40-40762 for the intake):
    http://valvetrain.kpmivalvetrain.com...pwc-2006-2014?

    Retainers (TVSRK1100):
    http://store.schnitzracing.com/ape-titanium-retainers/

    I can also order everything from Kibblewhite (the sell a complete valve spring kit, with retainers, etc..) :
    http://valvetrain.kpmivalvetrain.com...c-2007-to-2010

    What do you think is the best ?
    (Sorry, I first sent it to you using PM but I think it could help other people if we keep talking on the thread )
    Thanks!!

  5. #25
    My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    4,485
    +1
    320
    Its all good, I got busy, I'll check later tonight.

    Sean

  6. #26
    shaby_FZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    CA and overseas
    Posts
    232
    +1
    22
    Christmas time (again) Xavier...?
    Lol, just kidding

    Looking forward to see the monster

  7. #27
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,157
    +1
    598
    9.5:1 will run pump gas over here just fine....... anything below 9:1 will be dog laggy and shit under boost and no amount of tuning will fix it ,I have felt a 8.5:1 first hand and it was crap..... just my un educated opinion

  8. #28
    My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    4,485
    +1
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    9.5:1 will run pump gas over here just fine....... anything below 9:1 will be dog laggy and shit under boost and no amount of tuning will fix it ,I have felt a 8.5:1 first hand and it was crap..... just my un educated opinion
    Depends on what your pump gas is, if he is planning on using stock connecting rods Id lean lower and up the boost to compensate, he has a 148mm skat so even with the lower compression it shouldnt load it up too much. I think you are correct though waz, 9:1 is a good place to be (on the safe side).

    Sean

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by shaby_FZR View Post
    Christmas time (again) Xavier...?
    Lol, just kidding

    Looking forward to see the monster
    Haha yes! Thanks for the parts buddy better than UPS! haha

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    9.5:1 will run pump gas over here just fine....... anything below 9:1 will be dog laggy and shit under boost and no amount of tuning will fix it ,I have felt a 8.5:1 first hand and it was crap..... just my un educated opinion
    Depends on what your pump gas is, if he is planning on using stock connecting rods Id lean lower and up the boost to compensate, he has a 148mm skat so even with the lower compression it shouldnt load it up too much. I think you are correct though waz, 9:1 is a good place to be (on the safe side).

    Sean
    All right, so let's go for 9.5:1 pistons If you guys allready tried it and it works find with pump gas, I'll go for it
    And don't worry about the 148magnum.. we have a 155-8 veines if this one is not enough.. lol ^^ but I'd like to have a try with the 148 first

    Thanks guys!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 15f turbo build
    By JamieCraigGreenfield in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-13-2016, 05:42 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-17-2014, 02:37 PM
  3. Gzk's 15F turbo build
    By gzk in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-09-2013, 01:06 PM
  4. 15F turbo build
    By pete71 in forum Kawasaki Projects
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 03:17 AM
  5. FS 15f Turbo with Tons of Extras
    By strizki in forum Kawasaki Skis
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 09:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •