Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 95
  1. #1

    15F Turbo build.. Tahitian style ;)

    Hi guys!

    This is my first thread on GreenHulk, so let me first introduce myself : My name is Xavier, I'm from Tahiti, and I've been riding jet skis for the past 8 years. First been racing on a GPR1300, then I built a Superjet700 freestyle ski (which I'm still riding), and then I bought my first 15F a year ago! What a great ski! I started modifying it slowly, with some free flow exhaust, air filter, block off plates, intake grate, ride plate, etc.. classic mods.. And then I bought a 12 veines 148mm magnum pump...... And lost about 10 to 15% of my top speed....!! So... I bought a Turbo.................!! haha

    Yeah, I'm a little bit crazy.. I know.. (Shaby_FZR will tell you.. I'm one of his mecanic! hahaha) But what will life be like without a little bit of crazyness ?

    Let's talk about that ski! :

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1236445_10151832553114184_298449203_n.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	321997Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1235966_10151832558909184_26976433_n.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	321998

    Here's the magnum :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1452047_10152030066894184_209041179_n.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	322000

    And the pipes :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1560734_10152153108054184_1292059337_n.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	322001

    That's what I have right now :
    - The ski (lol)
    - Turbo exhaust pipes
    - IHI VF34 ball bearing turbo charger
    - Solas 148mm 12V Magnum Pump with a 13/20 solas impeller (wich will probably be to short for the ski, but we'll see that later..)
    - 1 Broken carbon fiber 15F seat

    What I am planning to buy :
    - Riva valve spings
    - Riva valve set
    - CP - RnD Pistons (but I don't know what compression ratio to choose ??? )
    - Fizzle 1000 intercooler
    - Injectors (don't know how many cc yet.. ??)
    - all the "electrical" stuff needed to tune the engine (fuel pump, AFR gauge and censor, boost gauge, etc.. etc.. etc..$$$$$)
    - ECU Reflash or Motec (depending on if I can find someone to reflash it or not..)

    If anyone has some advice, tips, warning, or anything, don't hesitate guys . I'll be trying to do my best on that ski, but I will listen to any tips you can give me! The hardest part will be for the ECU.. I have not decided what to do about that yet..
    This ski will not be used for racing, it will only be a recreational ski running premium fuel. I'm just building it to eat some 300x with a 15f.. haha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1185596_10151832554154184_321213950_n.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	321999  
    Last edited by XavierTahiti; 01-31-2014 at 01:18 PM.


  2. #2
    And here are some pics of the turbo enjoy!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1537840_10152196748234184_410026262_o.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	322002Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turbo.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	322003

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,875
    +1
    1,391
    Cool build..

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Cool build..
    Thanks

  6. #5
    shaby_FZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    CA and overseas
    Posts
    232
    +1
    22
    Turbo porn ...lol

    And yes, he is "crazy"...
    You definitely gonna need some room in your garage to part this out. I am not worried about the ultras. We already have other toys to play with them, as far as water is smooth (only) which is few days a year...
    Damned, i will have to go turbo to follow you... More $$$$ to spend...lol
    Go go go...

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by shaby_FZR View Post
    Turbo porn ...lol

    And yes, he is "crazy"...
    You definitely gonna need some room in your garage to part this out. I am not worried about the ultras. We already have other toys to play with them, as far as water is smooth (only) which is few days a year...
    Damned, i will have to go turbo to follow you... More $$$$ to spend...lol
    Go go go...
    Hahaha Turbo porn! Y'a right man! haha
    Yes I'll need some room! Once your 'secret project' ski is over, I'll start mine But let's finish yours first

  8. +1 by:


  9. #7

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis MN
    Posts
    791
    +1
    114
    Paging Sean (smokysevin)! I would love to have a boosted engine in my 15F.

  10. +1 by:


  11. #8
    R rated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bayville NJ
    Posts
    502
    +1
    8
    Did you make the turbo pipes or purchase them used ?

  12. #9
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,511
    +1
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierTahiti View Post
    i guys!

    This is my first thread on GreenHulk, so let me first introduce myself : My name is Xavier, I'm from Tahiti, and I've been riding jet skis for the past 8 years. First been racing on a GPR1300, then I built a Superjet700 freestyle ski (which I'm still riding), and then I bought my first 15F a year ago! What a great ski! I started modifying it slowly, with some free flow exhaust, air filter, block off plates, intake grate, ride plate, etc.. classic mods.. And then I bought a 12 veines 148mm magnum pump...... And lost about 10 to 15% of my top speed....!! So... I bought a Turbo.................!! haha

    Yeah, I'm a little bit crazy.. I know.. (Shaby_FZR will tell you.. I'm one of his mecanic! hahaha) But what will life be like without a little bit of crazyness ?

    Let's talk about that ski! :



    Here's the magnum :


    And the pipes :


    That's what I have right now :
    - The ski (lol)
    - Turbo exhaust pipes
    - IHI VF34 ball bearing turbo charger
    - Solas 148mm 12V Magnum Pump with a 13/20 solas impeller (wich will probably be to short for the ski, but we'll see that later..)
    - 1 Broken carbon fiber 15F seat

    What I am planning to buy :
    - Riva valve spings
    - Riva valve set
    - CP - RnD Pistons (but I don't know what compression ratio to choose ??? )
    - Fizzle 1000 intercooler
    - Injectors (don't know how many cc yet.. ??)
    - all the "electrical" stuff needed to tune the engine (fuel pump, AFR gauge and censor, boost gauge, etc.. etc.. etc..$$$$$)
    - ECU Reflash or Motec (depending on if I can find someone to reflash it or not..)

    If anyone has some advice, tips, warning, or anything, don't hesitate guys . I'll be trying to do my best on that ski, but I will listen to any tips you can give me! The hardest part will be for the ECU.. I have not decided what to do about that yet..
    This ski will not be used for racing, it will only be a recreational ski running premium fuel. I'm just building it to eat some 300x with a 15f.. haha

    It's very cool to know that the Fizzle Intercooler might be used on your Kawasaki turbo build. I think you will be very happy with the performance! Let me know what you find out about the measurements.

  13. +1 by:


  14. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by R rated View Post
    Did you make the turbo pipes or purchase them used ?
    Hello,

    No I purchased them used. I'm not that good at welding.. lol

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 15f turbo build
    By JamieCraigGreenfield in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-13-2016, 05:42 PM
  2. RXP-X turbo build, X return style fuel system
    By [email protected] in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-17-2014, 02:37 PM
  3. Gzk's 15F turbo build
    By gzk in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-09-2013, 01:06 PM
  4. 15F turbo build
    By pete71 in forum Kawasaki Projects
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 03:17 AM
  5. FS 15f Turbo with Tons of Extras
    By strizki in forum Kawasaki Skis
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 09:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •