+1

setting up my gpr

I have a 2004 gpr and i'm looking to do some mods to it. I ride in mostly rivers and the barnegat bay in new jersey. They are all pretty mild but as the day goes on they can get choppy from wind and the boats. Because of this the ski can jump out of the water alot.

I was thinking about adding a r&d intake grate and rideplate along with the pump packing kit. I was going to take my sponsons and step them also.

I've been searching around a little and have read that you can loose top end speed with these? I was looking into the riva plate but it says that its not for choppy water. Where i ride is in the middle though, I'm rarely in the ocean.

Would the riva be better for me in these conditions? I would not like to loose any speed for the flat days but would like to keep some hookup in the rougher ones.

I'm also going to be installing the wave eater clips and couplers along with the d plate shortly.

any suggestions?

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by phen440 View Post
    I have a 2004 gpr and i'm looking to do some mods to it. I ride in mostly rivers and the barnegat bay in new jersey. They are all pretty mild but as the day goes on they can get choppy from wind and the boats. Because of this the ski can jump out of the water alot.

I was thinking about adding a r&d intake grate and rideplate along with the pump packing kit. I was going to take my sponsons and step them also.

I've been searching around a little and have read that you can loose top end speed with these? I was looking into the riva plate but it says that its not for choppy water. Where i ride is in the middle though, I'm rarely in the ocean.

Would the riva be better for me in these conditions? I would not like to loose any speed for the flat days but would like to keep some hookup in the rougher ones.

I'm also going to be installing the wave eater clips and couplers along with the d plate shortly.

any suggestions?
    Hello phen 440, You are better of with a R&D plate that is modded it will out handle the riva plate by far. And the speed will be there, If interested in a modded R&D plate give me a ring. 727-365-5132 Thank you, Jim

+1

I've been searching around a little and have read that you can loose top end speed with these?
    The intake grate will improve handling, and safety. Seal that pump shoe and install the plug kit. Stepping the sponsons will keep the boat stable, especially when you get the ride plate. Also do the D-plate and chip. Should be a good start.

+1
    do i need to run the efi controller to have the d-plate? I don't plan on doing any motor mods to this, its just a weekend ski. the d-plate and wave eater clips and couplers are the only motor mods.

+1

any suggestions?

The modified rideplate will increase your speed a lot. The R&D will slow you down a little, but is much safer to use then the stocker... especially when you modify your boat and gain speed. Put the two mods together, and you will have an overall GAIN in speed, control and a safety improvement.

Get JIM's FF plate or go will CARL at Long Island racing. Either way, you will not go wrong.

Their plates are adjustable, so on rough days you adjust the plate and you will run smoother, at the expense of a little speed.

+1
    do i need to run the efi controller to have the d-plate?
    No.

Jersey shore's just around the corner ( and only 1 day shipping too )

Phen, at this point im asuming you have a completely stock ski. You have to set aside you budget and pick your mods accordingly. There are a few "must-do's" that well...... you must do
    pump seal, d-plate, you could throw the waveeaters in this catagory and theres the safety factor with the stock grate, but that usually comes into play when you hit the 70 range.
    You can start with one of the basic packages that contain the parts that your going to need reguardless and go from there.

Thread Information