Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remanned BRP engine

BRP is providing me a remanned engine and replacement under warranty. Can anyone tell me what comes with it and what may be excluded? Also, how can I verify that it is BRP remanned?

+1
    Look at the quality of the paint...SBT looks like shit!!!!

A BRP basic long block will come with the cases, crank, pistons, head, cam, valves. Your flywheel, pto housing, oil pumps, oil cooler etc will be re-used or replaced with new parts.

If it is a BRP long block, it will come with everything except the S/C, I/C, TB, exhaust manifold, intake manifold.

They use to make a complete long block that was everything ready to drop in but stopped that about a year ago.

Thanks Tiny. My engine overheated twice and it blistered the paint off the front of the block and I believe the head spewed coolant as well. The front of the block and fasteners started corroding and left white haze on the front of the block including oil separator. Finally, after four months of back and forth BRP agreed to replace the engine with a remanned under warranty. I'm anal about keeping my machine clean and if I tried to trade it or sell it the value would go through the floor. And I didn't trust it anymore anyway. The plugs and oil looked good and it still ran good after the defective IC was changed out but the combination of the paint peeling, corrosion, potential ingestion of water through the IC and the head gasket looking like it might have blown but reset all concerned me.

+1
    hope you get a good seadoo reman motor! Ive seen a lot of junk from them.

+1
    Even though its a new motor when you go to sell it people will frown on the fact that its been changed. People who buy used like all stock un molested...
    Just my .02

+1
    Yeah, most people do frown upon anything not being original to the machine. Stock, original motor is always a bonus when I'm buying something.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged67 View Post
    Yeah, most people do frown upon anything not being original to the machine. Stock, original motor is always a bonus when I'm buying something.
    If you ride it for a few years and it doesn't have any further major issues and you show it's maintained well with documentation you won't get to beat up at the end of the day. Depreciation and general wear and tear will set it and the fact it had an engine early in it's life won't matter as much. At least that is my opinion.

Well, at least it'll be a clean looking motor. I could always trade it. I see the point of both views. That a replacement would make it suspect but I lean towards the idea that it'll be good with a new motor. I've researched a lot about BRP remans and I'm confident it'll be good. I still have a lot of warranty time anyway. Between my bud and I we have had eleven Sea Doo's and only one had a problem that was so minor I can't remember what it was. This one is the eleventh and just seems to be cursed. $3000 in drive line work. Bad throttle. Broken ride plate fitting that caused the first overheat and defective IC that caused the second overheat. I'm its second owner and the first guy had to get a new ECU and before we finished the deal he had it tested and it got a new injector. And his service records were impeccable, documented by a dealer and by the book. I've been lucky because its break downs were very close to home. I intend to continue buying Doo's. I usually buy new but the economy is crimping me so I got this one used with 32 hours. Attached is a pic of what it looks like now. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00885.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	322085

+1
    Like Tiny said, the BRP reman will look almost OEM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by crueldude View Post
    Well, at least it'll be a clean looking motor. I could always trade it. I see the point of both views. That a replacement would make it suspect but I lean towards the idea that it'll be good with a new motor. I've researched a lot about BRP remans and I'm confident it'll be good. I still have a lot of warranty time anyway. Between my bud and I we have had eleven Sea Doo's and only one had a problem that was so minor I can't remember what it was. This one is the eleventh and just seems to be cursed. $3000 in drive line work. Bad throttle. Broken ride plate fitting that caused the first overheat and defective IC that caused the second overheat. I'm its second owner and the first guy had to get a new ECU and before we finished the deal he had it tested and it got a new injector. And his service records were impeccable, documented by a dealer and by the book. I've been lucky because its break downs were very close to home. I intend to continue buying Doo's. I usually buy new but the economy is crimping me so I got this one used with 32 hours. Attached is a pic of what it looks like now. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00885.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	322085

Wow ...that is some story. Has to be a record of some sort.

Spray some sea doo lube on all those dry bolts etc and white shit...see If comes off? Or has it etched the black paint?

My biggest concern for you would be if the motor is aligned properly. Keep an eye on the PTO/carbon ring area for lots of black dust/excessive wear. Might be worth buying the SBT alignment tool and checking it.

How is it running... RPM/top speed/outside temp?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information