Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Boost addict hotbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern WI
    Posts
    5,503
    +1
    681

    Can a SRZ be made into a SRX Prop?

    Wondering if its possible to modify a SRZ to make it work in a SRX style pump??

    I know the z is a set back style (newer ski) but what all is different in the pump between the 2 styles?



  2. #2
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,992
    +1
    455
    I would think so. Make up the difference in the set back

  3. #3
    Swap out the impeller shaft for the new style w/ nut with the ceramic coating applied to the shaft itself instead of using a sleeve, all the other parts in the pump are the same. You can use older style parts in a new pump housing or newer style parts in in an older housing, but the shaft and impeller has to be used as a set. Seadoo does some stupid stuff, mostly to cut cost.

  4. #4
    Boost addict hotbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern WI
    Posts
    5,503
    +1
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by RossM View Post
    Swap out the impeller shaft for the new style w/ nut with the ceramic coating applied to the shaft itself instead of using a sleeve, all the other parts in the pump are the same. You can use older style parts in a new pump housing or newer style parts in in an older housing, but the shaft and impeller has to be used as a set. Seadoo does some stupid stuff, mostly to cut cost.
    So would I be able to used the newer style srz shaft in a rotax racing 16 or 18 vein pump and then run all the srz type props I have?

    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=886
    or
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2458



    Im told it requires a older style srx prop. If I could just rebuild it with a srz type shaft and use my props that would save me some coin!!

  5. #5
    surferd15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    1,142
    +1
    83
    I have a srx 15/21 with speed freaks cone--- if you wanna swap, I know it doesn't answer your question but throwing it out there. Pm me if interested.

  6. #6
    Bob 1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    6,367
    +1
    978
    I'm using the SRZ impeller in my ski.....the hub needs to be trimmed .050".

  7. #7
    Boost addict hotbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern WI
    Posts
    5,503
    +1
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    I'm using the SRZ impeller in my ski.....the hub needs to be trimmed .050".
    The hub on the pump or prop??

  8. #8
    Boost addict hotbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern WI
    Posts
    5,503
    +1
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by surferd15 View Post
    I have a srx 15/21 with speed freaks cone--- if you wanna swap, I know it doesn't answer your question but throwing it out there. Pm me if interested.
    I have a 15/22 srz brand new but I want to run my scat dual prop in the rotax pump.

  9. #9
    Bob 1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    6,367
    +1
    978
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbird View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    I'm using the SRZ impeller in my ski.....the hub needs to be trimmed .050".
    The hub on the pump or prop??
    The impeller needs to be trimmed.

  10. +1 by:


  11. #10
    Boost addict hotbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern WI
    Posts
    5,503
    +1
    681
    Ok now im confused. I thought a srz was a trimmed version of a srx???

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. boost level on sho/fzr/ how fast can a reliable sho be made
    By sv650k4 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-06-2016, 05:10 PM
  2. Can 04 4tec 155hp be transformed into S/C 215hp motor?
    By joewharton2 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 07:04 PM
  3. Progress Being Made On My 2006 Tripple
    By ABBOTT in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 01-06-2007, 11:57 AM
  4. Can damaged parts be repaired?
    By xlint89 in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-17-2006, 09:27 AM
  5. Can this bearing be re-used??????
    By lawracing in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-13-2006, 02:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •