Perth Western Australia

VX110 Steering Column

The steering on my 2009 VX110 is shot to pieces upon closer inspection the shaft assembly has had better days and basically a new one is needed. So I was going to use this as an excuse to change over to after market steering and bars, having looked at the OEM guide the part number is identical to the newer VXR / VXS models so therefore could I use this?

Yes I know its only a vx110 but I like the thought of using better bars etc any info or advice on what to use would be greatly appreciated, I don't really want to go back to stock unless necessary as I like the thought of getting rid of the plastic bar covers etc as well which come as standard.

Mad I maybe but any advice is greatly received.

curious as to what part of the "shaft assembly" is shot. You've got an aluminum alloy shaft running through plastic composite bushings. Typically, the aluminum corrodes at the bottom bushing, the steering binds up and acts like a stuck cable. After removing the shaft, cleaning off the corrosion, and lubing up the shaft, it is close to as good as new but may have a touch more play than the original. You can get a used housing or shaft on ebay for about a 5th of the cost of the riva unit. I agree that the original is a little sloppy compared to some others but for an entry level ski, I have found it adequate for anything but attempting to race the ski. Not saying that you would notice a difference but wondering what is going on with the original. Have you taken the shaft out of the housing?

Thread Information