+1

Pitch Perfect: 2014 Kawasaki Ultra 310R JetSki

2014 marks the 40th anniversary of Kawasaki’s JetSki. The 310R comes after years of consumer input and is designed for those offshore and endurance riders.

Decades ago, celebrating in the end zone wasn’t an illegal offense. Players crossing that final yard line regularly danced, gyrated and cartwheeled in elation before their felled opponents. Today, a whole generation of football players and fans have been raised thinking that such behavior is the height of bad sportsmanship. So when Kawasaki announced the arriving Ultra 300X’s output had increased to 310, many considered it akin to spiking the football.

Kawasaki already led the industry with a significant gap in horsepower over its competition. With nearly 80-horsepower over Yamaha and 40-plus over Sea-Doo, the Big K really didn’t have much to worry about in the “numbers race.”
    Moreover, the podiums of every single offshore championship featured nothing but Ultra 300Xs in 2013. Even last year’s Pro Stock Runabout class champion of the UWP-IJSBA Watercross Tour was a 300X, besting both Sea-Doo and Yamaha’s close course darlings.

Click to Read More...

+1
    Thanks Kevin for the great write up on the new ultra 310 .

.....Might want to swap out that new better design Intake Manifold on to my 300x ,small differences are air temp sensor location and there is a Damper that will bolt on to the TB to match the bolt holes that are different on the 300x ..this according to parts comparison ...

Local dealers here will have the 310 late next month ...

+1
    Kawasaki, Me, also took the veterans open national title on my stock class 300x and in novice stock we topped the podium with myself winning the national title in that class along with winning the national tour in both classes also. For the tour Bryan Perry took second on his Ultra 300x. At nationals We also had Vic on an Ultra take third.
    At the Racine tour stop, Kawi filled the podium in novice stock with myself first, Bryan second and fellow GH member Stangbang taking third. Bryan and I were top two at all but one tour stop.
    Eric Francis competed in pro stock in which he won the national title again, pro limited where h took second and competed several events in pro open on our teams stock 300s and made a great showing.
    We have proven that the Ultra is not only an offshore machine but a great ski for closed course.

4. +1 by:

+1
    Very true, lasportmn! Yeah, the tales of the Ultra being "too big and heavy" to be competitive are bogus.

Thread Information