Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help with plastic 155 pump install in X4

Getting ready to do this To my 97 SPX and would like some pointers if anyone can help. I have a plastic 155 pump and nozzles as well as the stock 155 seal. I have the stock 140 x4 shoe out. Anyone have a detailed breakdown and pics of this process????

thanks in advance,
    Scottie

Quote Originally Posted by scottie mac View Post
    Getting ready to do this To my 97 SPX and would like some pointers if anyone can help. I have a plastic 155 pump and nozzles as well as the stock 155 seal. I have the stock 140 x4 shoe out. Anyone have a detailed breakdown and pics of this process????

thanks in advance,
    Scottie
    Scottie there was a guy that did this to a x4 and it turned out great I'll find the link for you

Dennis

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=111366

Check that thread out at the end he does the shoe swap

Thanks Dennis, but I am trying to get info on how to mod the stock shoe to work with the 155 pump. I know there are some people on here who have done it.

Scottie

Yep and I will make a phone call for you on that today my buddy chuck has done it. I know when you modify the stock one you can't use the seal that goes around the stock pump you have to glue it in

Thanks Dennis!!!!!!!!

SM

+1
    When I did mine, I used the stock shoe. I carefully ground the ID to fit the 155 pump and tapered it to the larger diameter. Took a lot a work, but it turned out great. I thought I had some pics but couldn't find them. On the 155 pump, you have to elongate the mounting holes and it bolts right up.

Thanks everyone for the info and help. I really appreciate it.

Update on the build. I got a hull for free from a buddy and as you can see, it is a little on the rough side, lol. Sitting outside for a few years will do that. But, the wonder of gel coat is that it can be saved with a little work. So, after a couple of hours of wetsanding and buffing/polishing, the bottom looks brand new. The top unfortunately will need to be sprayed because it is stained. But, with as little as I have in this, I really can't complain. I picked up a high rise seat from a member on pwctoday. I am hoping to have this thing together in a couple of months. SO far, so good.

One other thing, what year and model SD came with the plastic pump with 10 veins? I have one, but can't seem to find it in the microfiche.

SM

Scottie chuck said the same thing grind and fit and enlongate the holes on the bottom of the pump

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information