Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Jet Ski Fishing Article

I was interviewed recently by a Japanese magazine editor, Toshiyuki Senba of HOT WATER SPORTS MAGAZINE. Here is the article about Jet Ski Fishing in the USA. In the interview I talked about the outdoors, fishing and photography.
    I have no Idea what he actually wrote. Ha!

+1
    Very cool.

Congrats!!!!

You've hit the big leagues now!!!

+1
    Very nice. Hope they also used some of the great nature pictures you take.

+1
    Congrats Brian. So, anyone bored enough to do a copy and paste into Google Translater? I think I saw "round-eyed marine god" embedded in the text. Then again, my Japanese is pretty much limited to Styx's "Mr. Roboto".

+1
    I can help a little bit. The first word under "His name is Jet Ski Brian" is America. Those are the four characters that start with the first character looking like a bent P and the second character almost like an x. In the second line, you'll see the same bent P which is actually pronounced "ah" and it is the beginning of the word "angler."

Then you'll see what looks like 7" followed by another 7 with a horizontal line above it. Those five characters spell out Brian. Well, actually it would be Buddah-ee-ahn said quickly enough to sound like Brian. See the next character that looks like a box? That's the beginning of Lockwood, the end being the sideways/bent t with a ".

Next line, after PWC it says fishing.

Sorry about these only being "English" words, but I hardly know any of the characters that are not phonetic. The really squiggly ones take years to master.

In the rest of the story I can make out, "Brian Lockwood, otherwise known as 'Jet Ski Brian'" America, Virginia, PWC fishing fan, fishing trip, bait. Then under the pictures, 4th column where you see the number 100 it is followed by mile. Then you'll see 2 stroke, later on 4 stroke then 12 gallon.

Next column on the next page I see a reference to Albert Martin? A bit later "alumi" pipe. Pretty obvious what that's short for. Tower, rod holder, cooler box, handle, marine radio, under water light?, speaker, striped bass, cobia, red drum, black drum, sheeps head, blackfish, spade fish, speckled trout, trigger fish, flounder, amberjack, ahi ahi, tuna, wahoo, trolling, jigging, casting, bottom fishing.

Of the other stuff I'm able to read, I can see "everybody in Japan" a couple of times. Other than that, just a few "doing things" and even a kind of slang for "Whatchathank?"

Whew! I didn't realize how rusty I was.

+1
    Rusty - I'm impressed! Wait a minute... you sure this isn't Grace posting...?

Give me a few hours, i just sent it off to our translator we used on the documentary I was part of a few months ago. Rock on Brian!!!

+1
    IS MY WIFE SEEING SOME GUY NAMED RUSTY?!?!?!? Oh, wait. I forgot you're almost 50 now and your memory is going.

Some of that translation was really easy for me since the first thing I learned to "spell" in Japanese was Bryan. Even though it's spelled differently, it's the same phonetically and that's how the Japanese "alphabet" works. There are 50 sounds, called Goju on. Goju is 50. Goju on is represented in two different "alphabets" called katakana and hiragana. I can read both, but katakana is mainly used to represent words that are not in Japanese which is what I "translated" above. Hiragana usually joins together some Kanji characters. I only know a few of the easy ones like water, ice, heart, small and large. I can also do the number 1-10. Yes, they have a way of writing numbers that don't look a bit like "our" numbers.

+1
    Thanks! I tried the google translate and it did not work for me.

+1
    And you know, when I point at somebody I have 3 other fingers pointing right back at me! D'oh! Here I am picking on Billy for his age and calling my Rusty and not even realizing that he was actually giving me a compliment after describing myself as rusty. My wife--who is half my age--had to point it out to me since I'm apparently senile and curmudgeonly all at the same time.

Sorry, Billy. Whew. It sucks being old, but it sure beats the alternative.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information