+1

Too tall for STX 15F?

Hi guys,

I posted this on the Kawi forum as well, and I'm looking for some thoughts from the Yami guys as well.

Not trying to turn this into a Kawi vs Yami debate (I think both make great PWC). Just looking for some honest opinions....

------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Brand new poster, but have been reading a lot of great posts on this site for the last little while.

I've never owned a PWC before, so I'm looking to join the fun.

My PWC will be used on the lake, mainly for family fun as I have 2 smaller kids.

I've narrowed the choice down to the 2014 STX 15F, or the 2013 VX Deluxe. The price is the same.

I love the looks of the Kawi and the extra HP. However, the more reviews I read, the more I see "tall riders should stay away".

I'm 6'0 190 pds, and don't really consider myself that tall or big. But I've read a "ton" of posts and professional reviews were guys say anyone over 5'10" will find the Kawi crammed or a bit uncomfortable.

I quickly hopped on one at the boat show, but really paid no attention to it as I was busy talking to the sales rep and yelling at my kids to stop horsing around...LOL

Any honest thoughts or suggestions would be great. Both PWC's are great by all accounts, but I just want to make sure I'm not kicking myself after an hour on the lake because my back is killing and my knees are up against the bar...

Thanks!

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    To truly get the answer you want, your going to have to ride them both and then decide.
    What may seem cramped or uncomfortable to one 6'0 guy may be fine to another.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Hey "Lakeside" as far as the Kawi comments, I think it's more how you are proportioned. I'm about 6'0 220 lbs, but have long legs. I felt more as though my knees were too high while sitting, so take that for what it's worth. Great ski w/ much more power and better hull than a VX cruiser. When I was shopping used skis, I would have jumped on the Kawi for the right price, but the SeaDoo GTI 155 deal came along. Good luck !!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rooster View Post
    Hey "Lakeside" as far as the Kawi comments, I think it's more how you are proportioned. I'm about 6'0 220 lbs, but have long legs. I felt more as though my knees were too high while sitting, so take that for what it's worth. Great ski w/ much more power and better hull than a VX cruiser. When I was shopping used skis, I would have jumped on the Kawi for the right price, but the SeaDoo GTI 155 deal came along. Good luck !!!
    Thanks Rooster. My heart is leaning towards the STX, but a part of me has that "comfort" fear leaning towards Yama...

+1
    Best thing to do is test ride it and see if you think it's uncomfortable. I'm 5'11" and it didn't seem uncomfortable.

+1
    Had a Kawasaki 12f and didn't feel cramped at 6'2". The bench seat is very accommodating to larger riders.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by leejax01 View Post
    Had a Kawasaki 12f and didn't feel cramped at 6'2". The bench seat is very accommodating to larger riders.
    Thanks leejax, that's about the only thing keeping me back. Want to make sure I won't need to see a chiro after being on the lake for an hour...

+1
    That's any ski, but that would be more of hull design on rough or chop as well as ride style.

+1
    I'm 5'11, but have long legs and a short torso. I have a 15f and have never had an issue with my legs being too short for it. My brother-in-law is 6'5 and rides it without issues.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rooster View Post

Thread Information