Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

So I think I figured out my stereo dilemma.

I've been kicking around the idea of installing a stereo on my gtr,but just don't want to put the added stress to my charging/battery system. I've decided to go with this blu tooth unit http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CSD...110_SY165_QL70.

Once I receive it I'm going to figure out the best place to mount it. It uses a go pro style camera mount,so the mounting possibilities are almost endless. If it will fit I would like to put a permanent mount underneath the bars in the grey plastic area. If that doesn't work I'll just get the suction cup mount and slap it on the hood. If it comes off ohh well,it's waterproof and floats. It's also bright orange so finding it shouldn't be hard.

Last session I used one off those really cheap pop up blutooth speakers and just wedged it in my jacket underneath my chin. It worked pretty well but was a pain in the neck (literally) after awhile.

anyone have any better suggestions? Anyone have any experience with this speaker? The reviews were pretty good and it sounded fairly loud for the size.

+1
    Don't expect to be able to hear the music while riding. I have a similar type of blue-tooth speaker that I really only use to take into the shower, but it's only marginally louder than the loudest my laptop plays.

But when you're just anchored up in a cove, it'll be good for ppl on your ski, but don't expect other boats to be able to hear it.

+1
    I could care less if other boats can hear it as long as I can. I don't expect to hear it well at wot,but cruising and towing people I think it will do great. Also it's much louder then a laptop as I've heard some of the competing models they used in comparisons.

Kicker p50.2 draws less than 5 amps

+1
    Hello Capt. Spalding .... there is a new guy on GH, that sells PWC stereo speaker systems. He goes by oheesy I think. Look him up, the system is very cool and is designed for skis. Good Luck

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Hello Capt. Spalding .... there is a new guy on GH, that sells PWC stereo speaker systems. He goes by oheesy I think. Look him up, the system is very cool and is designed for skis. Good Luck
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=211324

+1
    Ya,I don't care much for the bulky speakers and wires showing. Looks really cheap IMO. If I was to install a stereo it would have to be really clean and flush. Another member put 2 speakers in the little compartment lid,and that's what I would really like to do. I want to be able to play the music while stopped,and the the last thing I need is a dead battery when were ready to head in. I don't want to have that in the back of my mind. The blutooth speakers have a ten hour battery life so should work out great for a day on the water.

Banned User
    +1
    Just go buy the new Kawi 310 LX. Stereo problem solved. I just saw one at the boat show. What a sweet ride.

+1
    My gtr is plenty big enough,I'm not interested in that $17k dollar monster.

Yeah that thing ain't cheap. And in a month or so I will be doing two kicker powersport 5 1/4s in glovebox lid along with a Bluetooth kicker px50.2 that powers them via Bluetooth from phone. Also has aux and USB for charging or direct audio connection.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information