Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Pitch Perfect: 2014 Kawasaki Ultra 310R JetSki

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DY5T9978 11-55-23.jpg 
Views:	3218 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	322246

Decades ago, celebrating in the end zone wasn’t an illegal offense. Players crossing that final yard line regularly danced, gyrated and cartwheeled in elation before their felled opponents. Today, a whole generation of football players and fans have been raised thinking that such behavior is the height of bad sportsmanship. So when Kawasaki announced the arriving Ultra 300X’s output had increased to 310, many considered it akin to spiking the football.

Kawasaki already led the industry with a significant gap in horsepower over its competition. With nearly 80-horsepower over Yamaha and 40-plus over Sea-Doo, the Big K really didn’t have much to worry about in the “numbers race.”

Moreover, the podiums of every single offshore championship featured nothing but Ultra 300Xs in 2013. Even last year’s Pro Stock Runabout class champion of the UWP-IJSBA Watercross Tour was a 300X, besting both Sea-Doo and Yamaha’s close course darlings.

Click to Read More...

+1
    Great article again. The kawi ultra hull is what got me into this sport Love it. They really wanna stay ahead of the pack

+1
    Kevin, you always manage to capture the main event ..... Ha Ha. Kawi are here to stay & rightfully so. They are beast off shore & on chop. I have a friend who races one and is always wishing & hoping for choppy water .... because that is where he lives. Thanks for the story.

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1621952_1524926394399529_214343574_n.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	322258

300 VS 310 INTAKE MANIFOLD
    Courtesy/ The Watercraft Journal

5. +1 by:

+1
    Dang! I was all set to buy the new FZR SVHO. Now I have to choose. Grrrrrrr.

+1
    Choice is simple, ride in any decent chop? If so get the ultra. Ride on glass all day? If so the fzr clutch will hold up. If you want to keep it pinned and ride the chop, buy the yamaha and be prepared to fix the clutch. Had a 2009 FZS and was modded. 155mm pump is too small as everyone knows. New 160mm pump is great but will put more stress/load on clutch IMO. Time will tell

+1
    I love keeping it hammered in the chop but I also love flying down a narrow river with a lot of S turns. Maybe I'll win the Lottery and get both. (fingers crossed). Although I do have my GPRXP for the river. Oh my god. Tell me it isn't so. I am going over to the dark side. Kawasaki it is!

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoovermaneuver View Post
    I love keeping it hammered in the chop but I also love flying down a narrow river with a lot of S turns. Maybe I'll win the Lottery and get both. (fingers crossed). Although I do have my GPRXP for the river. Oh my god. Tell me it isn't so. I am going over to the dark side. Kawasaki it is!

Let the power flow over you, embrace it and give the throttle a squeeze then laugh as you leave everything behind in slightly rough water.

Best of luck in your decision!

Sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoovermaneuver View Post
    This is like watching my kid score her first goal at field hockey. There's a tear in my eye.

+1
    I too have also made the decision to switch to Kawasaki after multiple years and skis riding nothing but Yamaha. It was a hard decision with the new 14 FZR, but I want to give the Kawasaki a go!!!! I love my Yamaha's but I am a little concerned about the clutch holding up over the long haul with the increased power and see the Kawasaki as being a little more reliable as far as the supercharger goes.

I will start the buying process I a few weeks closer to spring! The FX Cruiser SHO is going up for sale very soon!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information