Unhappy SEADOO GTX IS Limited 2010

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=200134

Ski turns over very slow and will not start.
    Was riding about 20 minutes and then it just stoped. tried to restart and sounded like a dead battery.
    back on trailer and turns over without plugs no problem, put plugs back and very slow to turn over.
    1. Direct connect NEW earth cable to clean mount on engine. so earth is not a problem.
    2. Direct connect NEW positive cable direct to starter motor, so positive cable is not a problem.
    3. Totally bypassed the starter and all electrics so electrics and solenoid is not the problem.
    4. Direct connect to 350 CC boat battery, so battery is not a problem. Battery does NOT fail on heavy duty batters load tester, so not battery issue.
    5. Connect battery isolating switch to positive lead so I can try to turn on or off to get the motor turning over.
    6. Pull all plugs out it turns over fast without ANY issues.
    7. Put ONE of the three plugs back in random cylinders and turns over fast.
    8. Put TWO of the three plugs back in random cylinders and turns over fast.
    9. Put THREE plugs back and SLOW turnover.
    10. NO OIL or WATER in ANY cylinder.
    11. SKI has been very well maintained without ANY issues ever except for this one stall and now it seems to be hard to turn over.
    12. Checked oil and it is clean, you could use to cook fish and chips its so clean.

Any clues as to why it just wont crank over?
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Last edited by crapseadoo; 02-02-2014 at 06:41 AM.

How many hrs on it?
    A little history on it?

50 hours only. I live in Melbourne Australia and weather is crap BUT jetski is started once a month for 1 minute every month.

Never ever had ANY issues with this ski. did a oil filter and spark plug change 3 weeks ago with he SEADOO service kit and have used it 2 hrs later without any issues.

went out 1 week later and on it for 1 hr just simply enjoying the ride , no donoughts and hooning around . stoped to talk to a friend for about 45 minutes.
    started it up and went only 20 minutes hit a small wave and it appeared to just stall. tried to start it and felt like a dead battery.
    got towed 100 meters to the boad ramp at less than 5kph because the guy towing me had a very small ski and 100 meters took more than 40 min utes.

the rest is history as in my original post.

SKI is 2010 SEADOO GTX IS Limited

2010 seadoo

Quote Originally Posted by crapseadoo View Post

Was riding about 20 minutes and then it just stoped. tried to restart and sounded like a dead battery.
    back on trailer and turns over without plugs no problem, put plugs back and very slow to turn over.
    1. Direct connect NEW earth cable to clean mount on engine. so earth is not a problem.
    2. Direct connect NEW positive cable direct to starter motor, so positive cable is not a problem.
    3. Totally bypassed the starter and all electrics so electrics and solenoid is not the problem.
    4. Direct connect to 350 CC boat battery, so battery is not a problem. Battery does NOT fail on heavy duty batters load tester, so not battery issue.
    5. Connect battery isolating switch to positive lead so I can try to turn on or off to get the motor turning over.
    10. NO OIL or WATER in ANY cylinder.
    11. SKI has been very well maintained without ANY issues ever except for this one stall and now it seems to be hard to turn over.
    12. Checked oil and it is clean, you could use to cook fish and chips its so clean.

Thanks
    hi. Mate I have the same ski and it happened to me last weekend. Do u know why as I have no idea help pls

The same exact happen to me. Why does it crank slow. And not start

I read your post and couldn't belive that the same ski and hrs wow talk about coincidence

+1
    So you state you bypassed the solenoid and replaced the starter cable, but have you tested the starter itself???

9. +1 by:

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by crapseadoo View Post

Thanks
    Possible guesses on my part;

Perhaps the starter motor itself has an internal issue when it is working against the full cranking compression of all three cylinders?

Has the grounding connection of the actual starter motor been cleaned and checked?

11. +1 by:

+1
    I'm thinking your starter is starting to crap out.
    Also your ski is due for a complete s/c rebuild. Bearings and washers!!!

Thread Information