Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2010 yamaha fx

2010 yamaha fx

I am looking at a 2010 yamaha fx for $1400 It needs a motor it blew a hole in the block I have seen some other people having this problem does any one know what is causing this should i not get it and put a new motor in it?
    For example look at this post.

http://yamahaforum.com/forums/waveru...4-5-hours.html

+1
    I'm sure it happens, but extremely rare on new ski at 14 hrs and there's probably a missing part of the story somewhere in that guy's single post.

What you are talking about is different; you want to purchase what I assume will be a rebuilt engine then drop into a hull, and the quality of that really depends on who rebuilt that engine and who installs it. Some of them come with warranties, some do not. Also not sure if your FX will be supercharged or not; some are and some aren't.

But as they come from the factory the Yamaha engines are the best in the business in my experience; more here...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=189782
    Last edited by YoYamma; 02-02-2014 at 11:10 PM.

+1
    If the ski is a low hr cream puff then after repairs you could have a great ski for around 4k.
    If its a ragged out high hr rental then walk away..

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    I'm sure it happens, but extremely rare on new ski at 14 hrs and there's probably a missing part of the story somewhere in that guy's single post.

What you are talking about is different; you want to purchase what I assume will be a rebuilt engine then drop into a hull, and the quality of that really depends on who rebuilt that engine and who installs it. Some of them come with warranties, some do not. Also not sure if your FX will be supercharged or not; some are and some aren't.

But as they come from the factory the Yamaha engines are the best in the business in my experience; more here...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=189782

The motor that was in there only had 140 hours ski in really nice shape but the guy i think. over revved it and It would be a sbt motor since i cant find one anywhere else and i would be putting in my self but i have been looking around and have seen a few other people with this motor that are blowing holes in the block so i am not sure if this is a rare thing? but if i get a sbt motor i guess if it blows up they would have to replace it if its still under warranty.

jwpwns,
    If it is the FX HO and not the SHO, then you should have a great ski when you are done. While these engines are not bullet proof, they are as close as you can get. Something as simple as turning on the hose in advance of starting the engine while flushing can cause enough water to enter a cylinder and blow a rod through the side of the block. The post you referenced was a supercharged model that unfortunately seems to have had a factory defect that is not common. You will have to find a block or engine for the core . I would spend extra to get the premium engine as this will give you two years to figure out if they put it together correctly. There are many many stories of folks that paid for the standard engine and then had it blow up just outside of one year. When you are all done, you will likely have 6-7k in the ski but theoretically you should have a 0 hour ski with a two year warranty. You might be able to find a 2010 model on the used market for that but it won't have any warranty. Your call. Good luck.

+1
    well it sounds like riva is rebuilding or at least replacing the short block, or did he pull the ski out the way it is ??

+1
    Big john the link was just a reference to an issue and not the actual ski the op is trying to buy.

Any one know another place to get a motor besides Sbt?

+1
    Used engines are like a box of chocolates...

If you can find any lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information