Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

Kawi booth @ Boat show

Hi guys,

I seen someone posted this a while back, and I thought I would see what everyone's thoughts were.

I was at the Toronto Boat Show last month, and noticed that Yama and Seadoo had massive booths (and I mean massive). Yama litterally had 20 people there with a crap load of products. Seadoo was very similar.

Kawi on the other hand, was tucked away in a corner, with 3 people working. The brochure they were handing out contained a half page on STX, with a photocopy attachment. Yama, on the other hand gave me a 20 page booklet on their Waverunners.

It just seemed to me that Kawi put zero to no effort in advertising their product (bizarre really). The amount of work and effort Yama and Seadoo put in was really amazing (in a good way). Where Kawi came across as not being very serious or committed to their product.

Thoughts?

Also, here in Ontario, there is literally 10 Yama and Seadoo dealers for every one Kawi. Why does it feel like Kawi isn't trying to "push" their brand/product? I understand there can only be one McDonald's or one Apple, but that doesn't mean the other guys shouldn't try....

+1
    I feel ya man. Some of its geographics. The boat show in eastern shore maryland has a kawi room put up by bayside jet drive and it equals or has more the. The Yamaha and seadoos but the other part is sales are lower then the other. Don't know how. I mean have u ridden one?!?!?! That's fine I guess. I like being a stand out. While all the leasure riding husband and wife's are driving around in there identified yamahas and sea doos my wife,kids and mostly I are riding on are kawi. Soon to be two (but not identical )

+1
    Kawa does very little in PWC new sales worldwide running a distant third and PWC sales had its most dismal new sales to date @ 29K units as of 2013 ,really then why should they have the large expense of booth space at these boats shows..

MCs,dirtbikes ,Quads even power tools and other industrial needs are their bread and butter...

Just hope they keep making the Ultra 300/310 as they seem to address and improve the buyers needs...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    Kawa does very little in PWC new sales worldwide running a distant third and PWC sales had its most dismal new sales to date @ 29K units as of 2013 ,really then why should they have the large expense of booth space at these boats shows..

MCs,dirtbikes ,Quads even power tools and other industrial needs are their bread and butter...

Just hope they keep making the Ultra 300/310 as they seem to address and improve the buyers needs...
    Maybe they should ask themselves why are they in third?

If I can't find a dealer, or even locate them at the boatshow, how the heck am I suppose to buy their product?

Yama plays up their reliability, Seadoo their looks, why can't Kawi get creative with their "power" angle? There is no reason they should be a "distant third". You can be third, but that doesn't mean you can't be in the mix or close...why allow for such a huge gap in one of your product lines?

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Part of the problen is that the pwc division has a budget of nearly nothing. They keep going because the guys who work in it are enthusiasts. You woul be amazed at how little the race team has to worl with both monetarily and factory part support wise. Its a visious cycle.

Sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    Part of the problen is that the pwc division has a budget of nearly nothing. They keep going because the guys who work in it are enthusiasts. You woul be amazed at how little the race team has to worl with both monetarily and factory part support wise. Its a visious cycle.

Sean

I guess that's the million dollar question?! Why does Kawi show so little interest in their PWC line?

They're the one's who "started it" all, why the cold feet now? I'm sure there is money to be made, and there should be "room" for 3 players, not just two?

Do you think Kawi will even make a PWC in 5-10 years?

7. +1 by:

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    It will still be around, in 5-10 years there will be fresh executives so it will be up to them.

Sean

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeside runner View Post
    ... I'm sure there is money to be made, and there should be "room" for 3 players, not just two? ...
    What do you base your certainty on?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeside runner View Post
    ... I'm sure there is money to be made, and there should be "room" for 3 players, not just two? ...
    What do you base your certainty on?
    Just common sense. I don't think having 3 manufacturers of anything is "saturating" the market. Especially with today's consumer which is more demanding then ever before....

I mean if someone doesn't like Seadoo or has a bad experience, should Yamaha be their only choice for the rest of their life? I would think there would be room for one more....in the snowmobile world, there is certainly room for more than just Yama and Doo...

As for making money, who knows? I don't have access to their books, but a company with such a rich history of manufacturing motors/engines, and the one that literally invented the product, what would prevent them from being profitable? They have the knowledge, they have the research, they have the technology, they understand the market....can't see why they wouldn't be able to turn a profit on their Ski's...

I didn't even see kawasaki at my areas boat show. That's a shame that they have such a low budget. I think if they came out with a competitor to the spark, and it had better specs like more horsepower, they would see more sales.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information