+1

Russell Marmon Walks Away With 2014 Martinique JetRace Championship

We think we Americans throw around the term “world champion” a little too loosely. The Major League Baseball World Series are conspicuously void of international teams and we all know a greasy spoon with the “World’s Greatest” cheeseburger, ribs and/or BBQ. As difficult as it is for us to admit, just because we claim it to be the best in the world, we need to actually include the rest of the world to truly validate the claim.

That’s why we’re stoked to announce the UK’s Russell Marmon’s dominance at this weekend’s first stop in the international 2014 Jetrace Series held in beautiful Martinique. The Caribbean island welcomed 20 racers from across the globe including Belgium, France, Great Britain, USA, and neighboring Guadalupe Island, as well as some locals.

The three-day race boiled down to a showdown between local racer Jean-Luc Jahsi and Marmon who both piloted Kawasaki Ultras – Jahsi on a new 310R and Marmon on his tried-and-true 300X. After the final day of battle, it was Marmon who claimed the victory, according to Jet Ski’n World.

Click to Read More...

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Whose "We"? ...lol (I do get what your saying, for baseball/basketball maybe)
    Best American offshore riders were not present for this race.
    Mr. Marmon is a very nice fellow and an outstanding racer/rider, and is excellent in endurance events. He has won Aqua X titles and Iron Man Champion at MH 300.
    Congratulations to him and Kawasaki.
    Thanks for covering these events.

+1
    Kevin, you do a very good job of covering Ski events. To be honest, when I went to the mag, for rest of the story I read about your "ski vest" reviews. I was please to see that you were un-bias, and did tell it like you saw it ... 1st hand. Thanks .. keep doing the same great & honest reporting.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rlovebk View Post
    Whose "We"? ...lol (I do get what your saying, for baseball/basketball maybe).
    I bet you know of three different places claiming the "World's Best Fried Chicken," "World's Best Chili" or whatever. I drive past two of these a day in my regular commute. It's pretty funny.

But after spending the day with Kawasaki's Craig Warner yesterday, I had an epiphany. Events like the the KaruJet, Martinique, and the Russki JetRace are LEVELS ABOVE what we do in the States. The Long Beach-to-Catalina is 56 miles of offshore racing. The KaruJet has TWO of those a day. The 300-mile Mark Hahn? That's the second day of the Russki race.

If the USA wants to be the world standard, we need to start leading. The LB2CAT ain't it. Neither is the Hahn.

+1
    Wow. I never thought about it like that before. I mean, I'm new to PWCs and even newer to the competitive events that involve them. But it sure looks like the rest of the world would laugh at our endurance! Maybe not, but until BIG money comes to PWC events I'm pretty sure it will remain segregated.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustymuscle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rlovebk View Post
    Whose "We"? ...lol (I do get what your saying, for baseball/basketball maybe).
    I bet you know of three different places claiming the "World's Best Fried Chicken," "World's Best Chili" or whatever. I drive past two of these a day in my regular commute. It's pretty funny.

But after spending the day with Kawasaki's Craig Warner yesterday, I had an epiphany. Events like the the KaruJet, Martinique, and the Russki JetRace are LEVELS ABOVE what we do in the States. The Long Beach-to-Catalina is 56 miles of offshore racing. The KaruJet has TWO of those a day. The 300-mile Mark Hahn? That's the second day of the Russki race.

If the USA wants to be the world standard, we need to start leading. The LB2CAT ain't it. Neither is the Hahn.
    LOL This is true. Love Fried Chicken and Chili!! This is why I need to ride an Ultra...

+1
    Yikes! I would only suggest waiting to load up on chili after riding your Ultra.

Thread Information