Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

first water footage with gopro

so im still learning what all it can do. i have 13 gigs of footage from the cpl hours we were out. i lost a lot of it from behind the ski. no idea what happened so im going to say operator error.
    cpl WOT runs but mostly cruising around 25-40mph hoping for one of my buddies to fall off LOL... this file before uploading is 1.2gb but youtube HD sucks balls.

2. +1 by:

+1
    Nice Video. Lake Travis looks beautiful. Wish it wasn't so far away !!! BTW, my wife loves your avatar.

+1
    Eventually, I need to plug into my GP... and, a few observations:

The lake looks like it's seen about 20 feet more of water in years gone by.
    How close did the stand-up pass in front of you? - looks like it was a game of inches (and that your friend was both stupid and lucky).
    Finally, how do you like your GTR?

There looked to be at least 20-30 feet in front of them and he never actually got in his wake. Probably another 20 or so feet. Plenty of space for that speed. No need to post your file size, it's not nessescary, and unless you are doing slowmo, you only need to shoot in 30 fps. Turn off protune and you'll see the size shrink, you don't need that either. Keep me coming , usually of 10-15 gigs of stuf, usually only 1-8% of that actually gets used. I'm finishing a small project with 130 gig of various formats and sizes, it'll all get whittled down to about 1-4 gigs of final footage....that's how filming is, buy the extra battery and buy a few more on eBay. Having extras is real nice.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rooster View Post
    Nice Video. Lake Travis looks beautiful. Wish it wasn't so far away !!! BTW, my wife loves your avatar.
    the only bad thing about travis right now is it is super low. all the rocks you see should be underwater. okay well not all but a good 90% of them.

i have used this avatar from time to time for years. it cracks me up LOL. hahahah

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    Eventually, I need to plug into my GP... and, a few observations:

The lake looks like it's seen about 20 feet more of water in years gone by.
    How close did the stand-up pass in front of you? - looks like it was a game of inches (and that your friend was both stupid and lucky).
    Finally, how do you like your GTR?
    i think you are talking about the guy on the X-2. it was a few feet. I have ridden with him since i got into the sport back in 98. i trust him and have zero doubts
    in his riding abilities. but yes.. had he falling it would have been bad.

as for the GTR.. LOVE IT. it my first 4 stroke. i have zro complaints about the GTR. pretty good on gas, comfortable and when i punch it in sport mode. oh hell yeah!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
    There looked to be at least 20-30 feet in front of them and he never actually got in his wake. Probably another 20 or so feet. Plenty of space for that speed. No need to post your file size, it's not nessescary, and unless you are doing slowmo, you only need to shoot in 30 fps. Turn off protune and you'll see the size shrink, you don't need that either. Keep me coming , usually of 10-15 gigs of stuf, usually only 1-8% of that actually gets used. I'm finishing a small project with 130 gig of various formats and sizes, it'll all get whittled down to about 1-4 gigs of final footage....that's how filming is, buy the extra battery and buy a few more on eBay. Having extras is real nice.
    i posted the file size really only for me so i can look at youtube and see what it was originally if im not at my PC. i dont have protune turned on the camera, i used the filter in the gopro stuido software to make it look better. it was really overcast and looked well blah.

only settings i have on in the camera is 1080 at 60fps. i do want to play with slow mo just have not done it yet. i thought that the battery may have died andwhy i lost so much footage from behind but when i got home it had plenty of juice. im sure it was something i did messing with it. i do want to get a pair of the wasabi batteries. they seem to be the popular choice on the gopro forums.

+1
    Lake Travis is currently 53' below full. Looks like the low levels actually gave some wind protection and reduced the chop though.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJosh View Post
    Lake Travis is currently 53' below full. Looks like the low levels actually gave some wind protection and reduced the chop though.
    next footage will be on lake austin. will have to be on the lookout for tennis balls and 2x6s

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid chicken View Post

next footage will be on lake austin. will have to be on the lookout for tennis balls and 2x6s
    Egg Shell my ***

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information