Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Rxp-x 255 RS Mods need help

Hey guys i'm new to the forum
    I have a 2010 rxp-x rs

ski is stock besides an 8400 les cooke remap.
    The ski does fly and I beat the new 260 px's that have had the same computer done.
    I have gps my speed at 72mph, however this was going downstream in the river.

Ski is due for a charger rebuild and I am looking for more power and speed
    I was thinking of the following

Option 1: 8650 Computer (les cooke seadoo center) Valve retainers. Air Intake, Opas block off plates, Different prop (one reccommended by les cooke not sure what it is)

Option 2: All of the above plus an A kit x wheel again from les cooke at seadoo centre (
    A Kit -X Impeller - Makes 0.84 bar boost
    Anodised billet aluminium, superior protection against corrosion, makes 0.84 bar boost = 12lb
    Comes with set of seadoo centre steel washers.
    Easily installed on OEM housings. Only suits RXP-X and RXT-X models, bolts straight in with no modifications to the supercharger housings. Comes with a precision made washer for under the supercharger nut to keep the balancing perfect.)

Option 3: Same as option 1 with a B KIT
    Kit B (For standard RXP RXT and GTX) - Makes 0.98 bar boost
    The Supercharger front and rear housings are CNC machined out and reprofiled for optimum flow and compressing efficiency. The supercharger impeller is anodised billet aluminium to provide superior protection against corrosion, makes 0.98 bar boost = 14lb.
    Comes complete assembled with set of seadoo hardened clutch washers.
    Suits RXP, RXT & GTX, RXP-X and RXT-X.

Money is not really the issue, the issue is staying reliable with minimal chance of blowing my charger.
    I do mainly lake riding and am hooked up most of the time. But do mess around sometimes at the lake doing spins and throwing passengers off etc, also do some beach riding where it is coming unhooked in the chop.

I am open to suggestions for other mods (different cooler etc)

Any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks guys

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk Marc! Check my sig block below. My '10 PX is a rock solid performer with the mods shown. However, for the riding you mentioned (spins, etc) I would NOT recommend the rear air set up that I have.

+1
    Welcome aboard the Hulk!!!

08-11 px skis are rock solid performance machines.. I love all the power in that smaller hull!!!

Thanks for the reply guys. Some interesting mods there @smkondwtr
    Might go and have a chat with Les and see what he reccomends

Ive been told that the stock intercoolers can fail.
    What sort of gains would I get with a better cooler?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcpxrs View Post

The stock intercooler is terrible for performance and very prone to failing and leaking. If you are going to go with a larger/modified supercharger then upgrading the intercooler becomes necessity. Your best option is the Riva Gen 3 which is a direct replacement for your OEM intercooler
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1849

If your supercharger is in need of a rebuild it just doesn't make sense to rebuild it and upgrade it. Jump straight to a complete ET 68-140
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1924

Or Riva XXX
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1537

For a reflash your best option is the V-Tech tune. You would need a V-Tech maptuner and a tuning credit for your ski. With this setup you flash the ECU without even having to remove it from your ski. You can update to different maps at any time, or even flash back to stock all at no extra charge. More info from this direct link to the forums online store www.youTUNEit.net

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post

The stock intercooler is terrible for performance and very prone to failing and leaking. If you are going to go with a larger/modified supercharger then upgrading the intercooler becomes necessity. Your best option is the Riva Gen 3 which is a direct replacement for your OEM intercooler
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1849

If your supercharger is in need of a rebuild it just doesn't make sense to rebuild it and upgrade it. Jump straight to a complete ET 68-140
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1924

Or Riva XXX
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1537

For a reflash your best option is the V-Tech tune. You would need a V-Tech maptuner and a tuning credit for your ski. With this setup you flash the ECU without even having to remove it from your ski. You can update to different maps at any time, or even flash back to stock all at no extra charge. More info from this direct link to the forums online store www.youTUNEit.net
    Thanks for that.
    Why is it that the et charger that is putting out higher boost than the riva charger does not need an injector upgrade but the riva charger does?

+1
    Thanks for that.
    Why is it that the et charger that is putting out higher boost than the riva charger does not need an injector upgrade but the riva charger does?

Great question!
    the Riva product description is out dated and needs to be updated. It was written in the pre IControl days when we all used to use the Riva ecu and the 50 lb injectors that ecu was mapped for.

but, with either of those supercharger upgrades you still should be using larger injectors as your stock 48 lb hr injectors just won't supply enough fuel. I would recommend the VT1100 v-tech injectors with the V-tech reflash for them.

Ok great.
    Heres another question lol.

Is the vtech computer putting my rpm limiter at 8650 or over? If so I will need valve retainers yes?

Just want to make sure I am not leaving anything out as problems are the last thing I want or need.

Also whats the charger rebuild life on the et?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Thanks for that.

Great question!
    the Riva product description is out dated and needs to be updated. It was written in the pre IControl days when we all used to use the Riva ecu and the 50 lb injectors that ecu was mapped for.

but, with either of those supercharger upgrades you still should be using larger injectors as your stock 48 lb hr injectors just won't supply enough fuel. I would recommend the VT1100 v-tech injectors with the V-tech reflash for them.
    Ok great.
    Heres another question lol.

Is the vtech computer putting my rpm limiter at 8650 or over? If so I will need valve retainers yes?

Just want to make sure I am not leaving anything out, as problems are the last thing I want or need.

Also whats the charger rebuild life on the et?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information