Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Spark Issues and fixes

Hi,

I would like to start a thread for spark issues and fixes. If anyone has had an issues with thier spark can you please post it and what the fix (troubleshooting) was so we can all refer to this as a reference page. I would like to keep it as an issue/resolve in the same post to keep the thread short and easier to look threw.

thank you

+1
    Its a shame the aftermarket groups actually see the real problems with the spark.

-Oil pressure sensors = Not sure why
    -Thermostats lock up = Not sure why
    -MAP sensor faults = Not sure why
    -Hose clamps loose = Replace with T bolt or just tighten
    -Wire loom rub throughs/breaks = Use cable ties where factory missed them / PD missed them

Just to list a few

+1
    Is this just problems that surface after the skis are modded or on all sparks?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GasResearch-VT.SE View Post
    Its a shame the aftermarket groups actually see the real problems with the spark.

-Oil pressure sensors = Not sure why
    -Thermostats lock up = Not sure why
    -MAP sensor faults = Not sure why
    -Hose clamps loose = Replace with T bolt or just tighten
    -Wire loom rub throughs/breaks = Use cable ties where factory missed them / PD missed them

Just to list a few
    Just curious why does it matter if PD missed them...There is no reason for us to take the top deck off during a PD???

5. +1 by:

+1
    thats what warranty is for I guess...
    But with the top off you can see where problems would happen before they do.

Such a nice ski to work modifications on... Probably have had the top off at least 15 times on various sparks here.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GasResearch-VT.SE View Post
    thats what warranty is for I guess...
    But with the top off you can see where problems would happen before they do.

Such a nice ski to work modifications on... Probably have had the top off at least 15 times on various sparks here.
    Do you find the seal on the deck holding up ok and the hull where the self tappers go through??

+1
    Yes on screws, you just need to use minimum torque to maintain integrity of plastic thread.

Seal is fine for re use, maybe with a lot of hours they need changing.

The plastic washers are useless after a few times on / off.

+1
    I noticed on mine that all the important bits had been marked twice with different wax pens ... So double checks , pending on how much tequilas where drank night before ...lol

+1
    Just wanted to quickly chime in on some minor issues I recently ran across.
    Opened up last weekend to search for the missing TB wire harness locking clip, that caused my limp mode the previous weekend when that connector slipped away from the throttle body. While looking around, I noticed that one of my air box straps disconnected from both ends....Surely the root cause of the broken connector. I pulled the battery up, and replaced the strap, securing with zip tie this time. Went ahead and used zip ties on all ends of every rubber strap, wondering why this wasn't already done at factory.
    Found quite a lot of rubbing on loom cover under manifold. Coolant hose rubbing on port rear motor mount....so remedied that with sandpaper and a custom hose protector. While in that area, decided to check motor mount nuts, and found that all 4 nuts on right side were really loose. Hand - turn with a socket grip loose. Anybody else found loose motor mounts,? Looking for a torque spec on how tight they should be.... double checked all hose clamps and also dabbed a Lil lock tite on the clamp screws. Maybe it's ready for a Lil more abuse...we will see.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ceo420 View Post
    Just wanted to quickly chime in on some minor issues I recently ran across.
    Opened up last weekend to search for the missing TB wire harness locking clip, that caused my limp mode the previous weekend when that connector slipped away from the throttle body. While looking around, I noticed that one of my air box straps disconnected from both ends....Surely the root cause of the broken connector. I pulled the battery up, and replaced the strap, securing with zip tie this time. Went ahead and used zip ties on all ends of every rubber strap, wondering why this wasn't already done at factory.
    Found quite a lot of rubbing on loom cover under manifold. Coolant hose rubbing on port rear motor mount....so remedied that with sandpaper and a custom hose protector. While in that area, decided to check motor mount nuts, and found that all 4 nuts on right side were really loose. Hand - turn with a socket grip loose. Anybody else found loose motor mounts,? Looking for a torque spec on how tight they should be.... double checked all hose clamps and also dabbed a Lil lock tite on the clamp screws. Maybe it's ready for a Lil more abuse...we will see.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SparkEngineMount_torque.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	335302Hope this helps. I want to check mine, but didn't want to split her up unless needed (yet).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information